• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Champ Sidewinder is stable. I am sad.

Been a several years, but when Swatso came to town, we played a course together, and IIRC...

He had pink Star Sidewinder. I swear it flew more like an Orc than a Sidewinder. He basically just filled his OS Control Driver slot with it, but that thing wasn't flippy at all.

Sometimes, a certain run of discs just doesn't come out "as planned."

Been a several years, but when Swatso came to town, we played a course together, and IIRC...

He had pink Star Sidewinder. I swear it flew more like an Orc than a Sidewinder. He basically just filled his OS Control Driver slot with it, but that thing wasn't flippy at all.

Sometimes, a certain run of discs just doesn't come out "as planned."

Imagine if one could get a refund for a disc that is far outside it's advertised specs? Well, the specs are more like guidelines. At least a manufacturer could state the NEW flight numbers as well as BROKEN-IN flight numbers. Or, maybe a margin of error?

Speed 9 (+/-1)
Glide 5 (+/- 0.5)
Turn -3 (+/-2)
Fade 1 (+/-2)

Is it domey? I hate hate hate domey understable discs (cough Leopard cough), they fly with nearly 0 turn for me. Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience.

Is it domey? I hate hate hate domey understable discs (cough Leopard cough), they fly with nearly 0 turn for me. Not sure if anyone else has had the same experience.

i hate all domey discs

:sick::gross::gross::gross:

I'd say it's very slightly domey. That's a pop top Pharaoh in the background, and this Sidewinder is nothing like that. Wish I could remember what my old one was. It feels good to throw. I don't mind domey or flat if it flies where I want.

attachment.php

Attachments

• D1F5B7FB-6596-4033-97AE-7723E7226C94.jpg
    D1F5B7FB-6596-4033-97AE-7723E7226C94.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 131
Nah that looks good. Just gotta break it in all right

Imagine if one could get a refund for a disc that is far outside it's advertised specs? Well, the specs are more like guidelines. At least a manufacturer could state the NEW flight numbers as well as BROKEN-IN flight numbers. Or, maybe a margin of error?

Speed 9 (+/-1)
Glide 5 (+/- 0.5)
Turn -3 (+/-2)
Fade 1 (+/-2)

You put too much faith in the flight numbers. They are not accurate or consistent, even when comparing discs of the same mold. Forget about the numbers

You put too much faith in the flight numbers. They are not accurate or consistent, even when comparing discs of the same mold. Forget about the numbers

I don't know about faith but you have to start at some baseline to go from. Just remember that generally Champ will be the most stable then Star - Gstar - Pro - DX.

Nearly always the Champ version will not be close to the flight numbers out of the box. Usually not Star either. GStar/Pro and DX will be closest depending on the mold.

If you want to get real technical then you can buy from PLH and dome in store with a disc you like, which will yield the best results.

Agree, can't trust those numbers completely. Too many variables are involved, especially HOW, your technique of HOW you throw.
I have a host of physical conditions that totally prevent me from twisting and doing a full wind up, hence my disc reperatoirre usually, not always, seldom reach over a 10. Also, my go to discs for side arms is a Champion Thunderbird, 172 gr. So, go figure.
I've been playing for 15 years and am ahh, over 60. If I learned anything over the years is YOU decide what works best for you. By the way, instead of twisting, and having broke both of my wrist over the years, that flick doesn't fly all the time when I throw. I use my Sidewinder backhand only unless it's a roller I'm looking to throw.

Latest posts