• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in Moore, OK

WoogieBoogie

Has anyone heard anything about the new course being built in Moore, OK at tom strouhal/ little river park? I've e-mailed the head of parks and recreation in Moore and got a reply the same day confirming that a course will indeed be built, but wouldn't elaborate on who was building it or if there was a course map planned out yet.

It's mapped and has approval. I think they may be doing some fine tuning and are just waiting for final approval on the design before carving and pouring pads. Should be a really nice course. Unless something threw a wrench in the works, I believe work should start this month. Get in touch with the guys at The 19th Hole shop and they can fill you in.

Yeah, I do frequent the 19th hole, just picked up some delavega keens a few days ago. I saw the big aerial view of the course when i was there, it looks awesome, almost completely wooded.

The city has done their part of the clearing/course prep and the local players have started into the meat and potato part of brush clearing and fairway shaping. All hands on deck if you get a chance. Target open date is sometime in April but could be here sooner/later depending on the amount of volunteer help. See Sparky at the 19th Hole for work day info/sign-ups.

Sweet, Ill be in town the weekend of the 7th so hopefully it will be dont by then.

UPDATE: East side of the course is cleared and basket collars are going in today. Weather has delayed the pad pours for 11-12 holes for another day or two. The current plan is to open up the eastern part of the course within a week or so. Once the city is finished building the new pond and island the remaining work on the western portion of the course will commence.

Played Sparky's Initial XI yesterday. Although I made two workdays, it was really my first look at the entire course. If you park in the South lot, the first tee is right there. Currently the course has holes #1 and #9-#18. All baskets look to be in the short-position, so the course is playing a bunch shorter than the final plan.

I think I got volunteered for putting together a course map. I have to update the Griffin/Lions maps also, so I better get busy....

So happy to have a course just 2-miles from the house!!! Thanks to everyone who has helped out!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Builders have been greenlit for two additional holes. The City's work on the new pond is progressing. Still targeting later summer/early fall for installation of all 18 holes.

UPDATE! Holes 5,6,7&8 are in and playable! 5 plays off the field on the edge of the woods up behind 2. It is really long and tough. Probably going to be a legitimate par 4. 6 plays out over the the edge of the pond back out into the field. 7 (island hole) plays right back over the pond at about 375. 8 is a lot like 5 but even longer with a more narrow fairway through the woods back towards 2. It is another legitimate par 4.

Overall, the new holes really take this course to another level of difficulty and variety and are going to make it a must play in the OKC metro area. It has been great the couple of times I have helped out for work days to see it's development first-hand.

Course update

We currently have 17 baskets in the ground and are waiting on approval for the final basket... There are 16 concrete pads built and tee signs will be coming soon.

Moore, OK course

This course now has all 18 holes and is turning out to be awesome. Definitely have to play more than once to start loving it. It's really difficult till you find the lines.

This course is a must play if you're in the area. Definitely a championship caliber course. So cool to see the disc golf scene around OKC expand!

Thanks to all of you that worked so hard to make this happen! Good luck as y'all continue to improve this great course.

Definately one of the Best courses in Oklahoma based on fun factor and an awesome challenge.

Latest posts