• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New World Jacksonville, FL

JC AceHole

* Ace Member *
I am planning a trip to New world in the next couple of weeks and have heard that there are 4 courses there. DGCR only lists one course on here. I found some info on U Disc saying there are 4 courses now. I cant find any maps or anything online to reference much more about these other courses. Does anyone have any insight on this?

The other three are on the ball golf course. When I was there, we played the dedicated DG course, and one of the co-located courses. The ball golf courses have different colored baskets, and safari-type courses can be constructed based on the needs of the group.

I don't think you can always play the ball golf courses, it depends on how many players are out hitting little white balls....

like post #2 mentions, I don't think the ball golf courses are always available. They weren't available when I showed up last year until after a certain time. I'd call the course to check availability. If you find additional info on the ball courses, please add them to the directory.

To echo what others have said, the other three courses are only available during slower ball golf times (weekdays and later in the afternoon on weekends). There is also a "skills course" that is for discs speed 5 and below setup by one of the local guys if you want the full experience. $6 to play all day, $10 for a cart, large pro shop with new/used discs available. If you do end up playing during slower times, there are large maps on display near the practice basket outside of the pro shop. Different courses have different color baskets/maps. Also, there is homemade beef jerky for sale in the pro shop for $5/bag, but it is cash only. DO NOT SKIP THIS.. trust me

like post #2 mentions, I don't think the ball golf courses are always available. They weren't available when I showed up last year until after a certain time. I'd call the course to check availability. If you find additional info on the ball courses, please add them to the directory.

I plan on doing so. I have heard rumblings that they will be doing away with ball golf and making the grounds fully dedicated to Disc Golf. I don't know how accurate this info is but this is the "word on the street".

To echo what others have said, the other three courses are only available during slower ball golf times (weekdays and later in the afternoon on weekends). There is also a "skills course" that is for discs speed 5 and below setup by one of the local guys if you want the full experience. $6 to play all day, $10 for a cart, large pro shop with new/used discs available. If you do end up playing during slower times, there are large maps on display near the practice basket outside of the pro shop. Different courses have different color baskets/maps. Also, there is homemade beef jerky for sale in the pro shop for $5/bag, but it is cash only. DO NOT SKIP THIS.. trust me

Thanks for the tip. I do love me some jerky so I will be trying this. Is the bar/restaurant decent to eat at? Or am I better served to go elsewhere?

they have typical ball golf course food and snacks. The best part was being able to legally drink a couple Yuengling Lagers on the course.

Thanks for the tip. I do love me some jerky so I will be trying this. Is the bar/restaurant decent to eat at? Or am I better served to go elsewhere?

There's regular course. The other course(s) that overlap with the ball golf course use combinations of red, white, and blue baskets to create a variety of possible layouts.

I would say there are two separate and distinct courses. One of them has a variety of possible layouts given all the baskets. Not different placements, but different loops of holes, each with their own set of baskets. I didn't have time to play the newer and the guy there really want sure what the deal was, in terms of describing the various layouts.

Try calling them...find out who does know, and ask them.

Latest posts