• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in Princeton, WV

greg_b_4

Birdie Member
I have been working on designing and installing a new course in Princeton, WV since last October and it has an official opening date of July 1st. I still have quite a bit to do to have it ready but hopefully I'll get there. This is my second course in Princeton and 6th course overall. This course will be a bit different than most. It is two 9 hole loops and 2 tees per hole. The two loops are very different as one loop which I call the family loop will be very accessible to most everyone. While short and in the manicured part of the park it will still be fun for experienced players as there is technicality and roll away greens. This loop is definitely where the scoring will come. The other loop is legit in its toughness. the only par 4 on the course on this loop as the entire loop winds through lots of trees and woods, with lots of elevation. I do not have the course posted yet as I am waiting for the course to open. I'm going to run a Trilogy Challenge Aug 6 to see how the course will handle a full field. I'm so glad this project is about over and I can start playing again.

Excited to hear the news. I've been keeping an eye on the courses in the area (I recall speaking with you about the 9 hole in Bluefield). I drive between NC and OH on I77 a few times a year so next time I'm heading north I'll make a point to shoot some videos!

I appreciate the work you're doing spreading disc golf in an area that doesn't have too much going on yet!

If it's anywhere near as good as your work at Glenwood Park, it'll be a very good course... and I'm sure you've learned a few things since then. Keep up the good work, Greg! :thmbup:

The course is open! Im awaiting signs which should be in in 2 weeks but the course is very playable. The course along with pics are on this site and discgolfscene, check out the pics and make sure you stop by and play if you are in the area.