• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course: La Plata, MD - Turkey Hill Park

The pictures on your facebook page look great; if I didn't have a wedding to attend this weekend, I would certainly make it down for your opening day tournament. There's a lot of solid golf options in Maryland and it appears you guys have added another great course to the mix.

For opening day, where do you plan to have the baskets, A or B? Or will you guys do a combo between the two lay outs? I've looked at the picture of the t-signs, they look sharp. Do you plan on having an indicator for the current basket position?

The pictures on your facebook page look great; if I didn't have a wedding to attend this weekend, I would certainly make it down for your opening day tournament. There's a lot of solid golf options in Maryland and it appears you guys have added another great course to the mix.

Thank you. Just to be clear this is not a tournament. The competitions are to be come and go at will, from 10:30 to sun down. Play as many times as you'd like. Prizes for the top scores will not be close to the level of winning Advanced in a sanctioned tourney.

For opening day, where do you plan to have the baskets, A or B? Or will you guys do a combo between the two lay outs? I've looked at the picture of the t-signs, they look sharp. Do you plan on having an indicator for the current basket position?

Mixed baskets. We do not have basket location indicators at this time. The plans are to obtain another 18 baskets in the not too distant future to have both out permenantly. However, for the grand opening the scorecard handed out that day does have the basket locations indicated.

it's all free lance... please take a scorecard from us and turn it in tho, so we can collect scoring spreads for holes.

Turkey Hill Park now has 2 permanent baskets per hole. A brand new set of 18 Red Discatchers was installed 8/26/14 in the A Pins. The original yellow Discatchers are in the B's.

there are now 4 permanent configures to play every time you visit.

"Red" Layout is Red Tee to Red Basket. 4594 ft / par 56 (red rated player)
"White" Layout is Red tee to Yellow Basket. 5812 ft / par 58 (red rated player)
"Blue" Layout is Blue tee to Red basket. 5864 ft / par 57 (blue rated player)
"Yellow" layout is Blue tee to Yellow basket. 7014 ft / par 60 (blue rated player)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• red1.jpg
    red1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 48
  • red2.jpg
    red2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 48
Love this course! Fantastic job! Quick question: is the scorecard wrong for the 14th, blue tee to yellow pin? The scorecard says par 3, but the course guide on this site says par 4? The distances are different, too? Just wondering...

Latest posts