• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course Opening @ Sleepy Hollow State Park Lainsburg, Mi

hippiediscdude

Eagle Member
Good news for discers in the Lansing, Mi. area. We are getting a new course out at Sleepy Hollow State Park in Lainsburg, Mi. Its about a 20 minute drive from Lansing. Theres a beach, bike/walking trails, camping, great fishing, and soon to be an 18(possibly 36??) hole course there as well. A little bird told me that baskets are in, teepads are going in today, and signage is getting installed tomorrow. Hopefully this means the course will be finished and playable by Saturday!:)

I have heard that it is going to be a professionally designed 36 hole course. I cant wait to play it! Its only about 15 minutes from my house so weather permitting I will be playing out there this weekend. I will be sure to post some more definite details as soon as I drag my butt out there!

I cant wait!

Played the course this weekend. Its not quite finished but its gonna be a great course. Its located on the south end of the parking lot for the beach. You park in the south end of the lot close to the beach and you will see a trail leading to the course. As of now there is no real signage aside from a sign directing you to the first tee and the practice basket. Tees are still real rough or non existent.

Spotters are advised on several of the holes as you cant see the basket from the tee. The rough is still pretty rough. Some of the grass is 5 or 6 ft tall. If you keep it in the fairways you should be alright though. The course is a mix of tight technical wooded holes and some more open longer shots. Lots of elevation changes and water comes into play on a couple holes. Nothing is really unreachable on this course. I think 18 is the only 450+ hole on the course. But you are shooting from an elevated teepad so its totally reachable if you get a good shot.

It has the makings of a great course. Get out there and play it. The park has the space, funding, and willingness to put in another 18 if the course gets play, and positive feedback. So get out there play it, and let them know you like it. Be kind to the land out there. It has the potential to be a great course. There is on site camping, fishing, and swimming to. Making it a great place for the whole family.

Many thanks to J-bird and all the folks at the park that have put the energy and effort into this course! Thanks also to the state of Michigan for embracing disc golf and installing courses at many of their state parks!

It needs to be added to the directory so I can get over and check it out. Thanks for the reconnaissance work, hippie.

hippiediscdude, tee signs and tee pads aside, about what would you rate the course design?

I want to make a trip out there but its over an hour from my house and I dont want to to all the way there if its lame.

I think its a fun course and unlike any thing in the lansing area. I would say its worth the drive to come check it out. The more play it gets the better. I am a little biased though, as its only about 20 minutes from my house. I think its a challenging course and it is well designed.:)

This might be the most awesome course in the history of ever, but someone needs to add it to the course directory along with directions and GPS coordinates before I get out to play it. At least two people in this thread have played it... why haven't either of you added it?

Just added the course to the directory. First time I have ever added a course there. Basic directions from US-127 and Latitude and Longitude represent aproximate course location. Hope this is helpful.

Just added the course to the directory. First time I have ever added a course there. Basic directions from US-127 and Latitude and Longitude represent aproximate course location. Hope this is helpful.

Awesome. Thank you.

Latest posts