• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Golf Backpack just hit Amazon,improved Gorilla boy Simian for less?

Did i make a mistake? I am new to this forum

No you're fine. Thanks for sharing. Likely a cheaper version of what is out in the wild so some people get their undies in a bunch when really its just the low quanity of branded DG bags purchased which is why prices are so high and dont offer any real quality improvement over other styled backpack or bags for other uses. Hell i have a $30 hardware store bag that is rocking well after years of use.

Hopefullu someone buys one of these and gives it a DGCR rundown. The Magellan and other ripoffs have seemed to be legit for the prices but this os much higher.

I am seriously considering buying one, amazon has free returns and its free shipping. At least i wont have to wait months for it like i did on my simian

Ha, i just messaged them and because the launch im getting a $60 off coupon code

and no i did not, wanted feedback on whether or not it looked worth it, im leaning towards yes

You can go on Ali Baba and find lower grade versions of many of the packs on the market. A lot of the bags are produced in China, so they'll take the same designs and knock them off with lower quality materials. Some enterprising folks will buy them in bulk and resell them here, we'll all laugh when they wear out fast, and the world will keep on spinning.

Wow, they are seriously ripping off Chris' design big time.

His bags are an original design and hand made.

So a bit different than a mass marketed bag made overseas.

I have owned a Simian for nearly 2 years, but some new company looks to have fixed all of the issues with the bottom constantly wearing through and the zippers breaking. They are also $70 cheaper with free shipping and appear in stock, i might give one a go, in case your interested

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDZ94G...56563&sr=8-1&keywords=disc+golf+backpack&th=1

Hold on a sec here, how do you know that they've fixed all of the "issues" if you don't own one already?

Seems like a shill to me.

So im not bashing the Simian, I love mine, but i have worn through the bottom and had to send it back once already, i didnt want to wait and now have used rhino liner to solve the issue again. I have had issues with a zipper breaking and one pull tab breaking, minor inconvenience but it is what it is. However this bag is cheaper and the weird thing about amazon is YOU CAN CONTACT THE SELLER AND ASK QUESTIONS, YOU CAN ALSO LOOK AT THE PICTURES. I asked them if the bottom was re-enforced, answer yes, also has heavy duty rubber feet to help solve abrasion issues, question 2, does the bag have quality zippers like ykk, answer we do use branded zippers but we use SBS not YKK. I was just showing the forum a bag that should solve the issues i encountered, dont buy it. I dont care i was just giving a heads up

Absolute rip off. And udderly pissed and disappointed.

I've know Chris Anderson the creator and The Gorilla Boy for many many years, I also know some of the first team members and friends that where the first to have these amazing bags YEARS ago And then someone goes and rips off his bag and calls it there own creation, your what's wrong with our world, stealing and benifiting off someone else ridiculous dedication and hard work making every single one of these bags.. It's pathetic and sad that we serious disc golfers gotta deal with these types of shady people, it's like another Salient, get rich quick scheme. Me and many many others are coming together to back Chris Anderson from all around the country. He's a top notch guy and doesn't deserve this bull****. Your messing with his lively hood and his family. Pathetic. I won't purchase these rip of pos bags. My bag the real simian has lasted a long time and still love it. Some company bettered it my ass. Put 4 plastic nobs on the bottom and call it better.... please. They literally changed nothing, looks identical to the tee as I'm looking at my REAL Simian! You wanna save a couple bucks and purchase a piece of crap stolen knockoff go for it. You want the Real Deal go to Gorilla Boy and ask anyone that owns one, the wait is beyond worth the quality you get! #boycotttheripoffgorillabag

Lol... Real world or DG bogus pump it up deal?

Why not make this bag but better and sell the **** out of it? Why so salty is beyond me.

This is a complete rip off of the Simian and I can't support that at all. I'd rather support someone who has been a member and supporter of the DG community for years than save a little on some mass produced rip off.

And bags like the Spider Monkey are rip offs of other bags on the market. Yet no one lost their mind off of that and even better versions, like the Voodoo JuJu, now exist.
You can't keep up with the market these days w a 6 month lag time, so it was bound to happen.

And bags like the Spider Monkey are rip offs of other bags on the market. Yet no one lost their mind off of that and even better versions, like the Voodoo JuJu, now exist.
You can't keep up with the market these days w a 6 month lag time, so it was bound to happen.

Yep and every car manufacturer has just been ripping off Ford.

The bag in question is an original design.

He's been developing it for years, the other bags came later when people started asking for them.

Latest posts