• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

which looks like the better basket deal

Docxen

Par Member
Ok about 70 bucks is what i'm wanting to spend. I'm getting 2 one for me one for the nieces/nephew for christmas. I know westside and i like their discs but honestly the yaheetech looks easier to assemble and made better. What do y'all think? is one closer to a regulation basket? thanks for the help. https://www.amazon.com/Westside-Dis...7567&sr=1-1&keywords=westside+discs+weekender
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071X8HYW...olid=1OKY2BLX5PY8A&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

P.S. yes i know another 100/ 130 bucks i could get a good one but i really don't have the dough for that right now maybe next summer. Again thanks.

I don't have any experience with either one, but from the photos the second one seems heavier built, particularly the tray.

Neither. LOL.

I think both are comparable. Both are a lot smaller than a standard basket in every dimension. There's a little church course by me that uses the yaheetech. The only good thing about them is that they are a basket, and sometimes the disc will stay in. Other than that, they aren't good. The Westside has similar dimensions overall, but an even smaller diameter tray. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with the yaheetech due to it being a tiny hair more heavy duty.

They are what they are. Cheap, lightweight baskets that could sometimes hold a disc. If you don't mind smaller on all dimensions, and want cheap, then both will suit your needs fine.

Both will assemble in about the same amount of time. The Westside poles screw together, the yaheetech poles snap pin together.

The yaheetech looks VERY similar to the original Discmania Lite, down to the unwelded chain links (shown in one of the Amazon reviews). At 20.3 Lbs listed shipping weight, the yahteetech is the same weight as the original Discmania Lite.

I snagged a Discmania Lite (the original, not the Pro) for my nephew on Black Friday last year. Gotta say, I wasn't impressed by the fit and finish of the Lite, or the quality of materials: the wire gauge is very thin: half the diameter of my Mach 2 portable. Some of the chain links were partially open, and I could squeeze them closed with the thumb and index finger of my left (off/weak) hand. (Wasn't impressed by the catching ability or the sound of the chains: more of a "clink" than a "ching!" either.) Assuming the yaheetech is similar quality and construction, I'd steer well clear of it.

I've heard from friends that have both the original Discmania Lite and the Lite Pro that the Lite Pro is a step up from the original Lite, both in terms of fit-and-finish and quality of materials. Assuming that's true, I'd be inclined to spend the extra $4 for the Lite Pro.

Or wait 'til Black Friday and see if you can snag something better.

Last edited:
Wait for a sale...

Ok about 70 bucks is what i'm wanting to spend. I'm getting 2 one for me one for the nieces/nephew for christmas. I know westside and i like their discs but honestly the yaheetech looks easier to assemble and made better. What do y'all think? is one closer to a regulation basket? thanks for the help. https://www.amazon.com/Westside-Disc...iscs+weekender

Unless you need them super quick, hold off for a 15% or 20% sale on ebay. You can get good

deals on quality baskets; like Mvp black hole practice basket($122.50*Free ship) or mvp black

hole Pro or Axiom colored version. Black hole practice basket with 15% off is $104, with 20%

off it's $98/W ship! The quality is much better for the value. Black friday is also a good time

for killer deals. Good luck with your basket quest.

Neither. LOL.

I think both are comparable. Both are a lot smaller than a standard basket in every dimension. There's a little church course by me that uses the yaheetech. The only good thing about them is that they are a basket, and sometimes the disc will stay in. Other than that, they aren't good. The Westside has similar dimensions overall, but an even smaller diameter tray. If I had to choose, I'd probably go with the yaheetech due to it being a tiny hair more heavy duty.

They are what they are. Cheap, lightweight baskets that could sometimes hold a disc. If you don't mind smaller on all dimensions, and want cheap, then both will suit your needs fine.

Both will assemble in about the same amount of time. The Westside poles screw together, the yaheetech poles snap pin together.
thanks about the dimensions i'm terrible with figures. Yea not much but better than nothing and i'm terrible with making stuff so this is my best bet prob.

The yaheetech looks VERY similar to the original Discmania Lite, down to the unwelded chain links (shown in one of the Amazon reviews). At 20.3 Lbs listed shipping weight, the yahteetech is the same weight as the original Discmania Lite.

I snagged a Discmania Lite (the original, not the Pro) for my nephew on Black Friday last year. Gotta say, I wasn't impressed by the fit and finish of the Lite, or the quality of materials: the wire gauge is very thin: half the diameter of my Mach 2 portable. Some of the chain links were partially open, and I could squeeze them closed with the thumb and index finger of my left (off/weak) hand. (Wasn't impressed by the catching ability or the sound of the chains: more of a "clink" than a "ching!" either.) Assuming the yaheetech is similar quality and construction, I'd steer well clear of it.

I've heard from friends that have both the original Discmania Lite and the Lite Pro that the Lite Pro is a step up from the original Lite, both in terms of fit-and-finish and quality of materials. Assuming that's true, I'd be inclined to spend the extra $4 for the Lite Pro.

Or wait 'til Black Friday and see if you can snag something better.
good idea

Latest posts