• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Telescoping Rod for Disc Gator

Blariviere

I found an old thread over this post, but there were not any really good solutions so I figured I would check in again. Has anyone found a decent size telescoping rod that is reasonable size to carry around on the course for the disc gator. I am not a huge fan of the tent poles it comes with.

I was thinking something like this, but not sure how to mod the end to accept the disc gator head.

https://www.amazon.com/Search-Rescu...492098079&sr=1-7&keywords=golf+ball+retriever

I have an older version of the Disc Gator with the telescoping pole. It's pretty good, much better than the tent pole version.
To augment the pole, I picked up something similar to this:
https://www.meijer.com/product/home.../t2-10042/t3/t3-604/t4/t4-1785/7173600611.uts
The treaded head on the one I have did not quite fit the Disc Gator, but fits the threading of the pole just fine, so it gives me over 10 feet of reach.

Personally, I like the tent poles better than the standard pole, but to each their own.

Pretty sure what the OP is looking for is an Acme 3/4"-5 thread male tip.

Looks like you can order one from MGS (Max Gain Systems in Marietta, GA) for about $3 (plus shipping I assume).

Their site also has info regarding tip coupling/install guide, plus info on gluing and adhesives.

I bet if you call them at 770-973-6251, and explain what you wan to do (with the diameter of the end of the pole the tip is being attached to), someone there will know how to hook you up.

Last edited:
... or you could just buy a cheap broom handle at Wal-Mart that looks like you easily could remove the tip (even if it means sacrificing the pole) and jerry rig a way to secure it to the extendable pole of your choice. I'd bring your Disc Gator to the store to make sure the tip fits your gator before buying.

No matter what route you go, you're gonna have to be a bit creative.

That's pretty much what the Try-Fly setup is based off of. I eventually ordered one and found t hat out. What they did was remove the acme thread and drill out the end of the gator head, than glue it to the end of a ball golf retriever. It works, but it's not worth the price they are asking.

I found one of these at Goodwill for $4. :thmbup: Much better than the pole that came with the gator.

View attachment 63042

Latest posts