• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc Golf Videos

splatbaseball51

Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey i Just recently got a digital camcorder and i have already posted three videos on youtube, including my brothers first ace. If you have time it would be awesome to hear from disc golfers about my vids. And be sure to give my brother some love for his first ace. Thanks. Rodney

http://www.youtube.com/splatbaseball51

Damn yo! You spent a lot of time on that and really well done! Some awesome camera shots and disc golf playing. Some of the best disc golf footage I've seen. Wish I could have gone on that trip. What did you edit on? How long did it take to upload to youtube? I gave up trying to upload just a short high quality video cause it was taking too long.

Very nice.
Makes me want to get up there again.
Thanks.

nice job looks like you guys had a good time, then again how could you not. congrats on the ace!

Damn yo! You spent a lot of time on that and really well done! Some awesome camera shots and disc golf playing. Some of the best disc golf footage I've seen. Wish I could have gone on that trip. What did you edit on? How long did it take to upload to youtube? I gave up trying to upload just a short high quality video cause it was taking too long.

I used the software that came with my camera called Presto Video works. ITs really easy but doesnt have all the features i want. I havnt filmed anything in HD yet but my camera supports 720 and 1080p. Ill let you guys know when i upload an HD video but the charlotte trip took me fifteen minutes to upload to Youtube and it was on the quality setting right below 720.

Thanks Guys for all the love. I have had this camera for two weeks now and its more than wonderful for the price. This is also the first time ive tried making my own films. Its hard to do that and play DG at the same time as you can imagine. You guys should join youtube and hit me up with a friend request and subscribe to my videos so you can be first to know when i post a new one. Im working on a Video that shows Richmond Hill disc golf course in Asheville,NC.

man yall got some baddass courses there, nice vid too looks professional and with the tunes it makes boring ol dg look EXTREME .

you should send your vids to the disc golf live show you might get a job (not sure they make any money) but its better than their vids and ive seen them film the same courses .

btw i noticed one of yall flipped your disc over before you putted you might wanna break that habit.

btw i noticed one of yall flipped your disc over before you putted you might wanna break that habit.

Yea we play with markers but to save time getting them out we just flip our discs in casual rounds. Keep in mind we had four days to play 10 courses plus the driving and filming. IT wasnt easy haha.

Yea we play with markers but to save time getting them out we just flip our discs in casual rounds. Keep in mind we had four days to play 10 courses plus the driving and filming. IT wasnt easy haha.
its legal to use the disc as a marker but you cant flip it , i no its just a casual round but its still cheating if you know the rules.

not trying to be a dic* just trying to save you some grief as people might get the wrong idea about yall and make assumptions about your sportsmanship.

love your vids though keep em coming:)

its legal to use the disc as a marker but you cant flip it , i no its just a casual round but its still cheating if you know the rules.

Eh? I don't think so. The legal mark is the front of the disc. I think technically you're suppose to use a marker which you lie down "in front of" the disc. But for casual play if you don't have a marker, flipping the disc is just fine, gives you a much more accurate mark than just leaving the disc and stepping on it or stepping to the side. Flipping the disc is pretty standard practice for casual play.

Eh? I don't think so. The legal mark is the front of the disc. I think technically you're suppose to use a marker which you lie down "in front of" the disc. But for casual play if you don't have a marker, flipping the disc is just fine, gives you a much more accurate mark than just leaving the disc and stepping on it or stepping to the side. Flipping the disc is pretty standard practice for casual play.

per pdga rules if you are going to use your disc as a marker, you play behind it without filipping it.

Why bother flipping it anyway, just extra bending over.

I'll have to remember to check the video out later.

per pdga rules if you are going to use your disc as a marker, you play behind it without filipping it.

Why bother flipping it anyway, just extra bending over.

I'll have to remember to check the video out later.

I didn't realize it was legal to use your disc at all in a pdga tournament. Casual play flipping the disc has been standard practice for as long as I can remember and I've played in leagues in 3 different cities in the mid-west over the last 10 years, everyone does it. It's done so you can use the same mark "the front of the disc" as your line.

and no your marker dosnt go in front of the disc it replaces it , so if you want those extra inches use a marker .

and i dont know how u guys play there but that wont fly here even if its just serious casual round unless your a unknowing noob otherwise your gonna be classified as a cheat

and no your marker dosnt go in front of the disc it replaces it , so if you want those extra inches use a marker .

and i dont know how u guys play there but that wont fly here even if its just serious casual round unless your a unknowing noob otherwise your gonna be classified as a cheat

Really? It's a casual round. Who cares. If someone called me a cheat for doing that during a casual round (not saying I would), I'd tell them to kiss my ass. Who cares!

what would you call someone who knowingly breaks the rules ?

i understand where your coming from but that other dude says he does it in league play where im guessing money is involved which would make me think that he would do it in a tourney as well , and if you wanna classify me as a dic* for calling someone out on it im cool with that its better than being a cheat.

what would you call someone who knowingly breaks the rules ?

i understand where your coming from but that other dude says he does it in league play where im guessing money is involved which would make me think that he would do it in a tourney as well , and if you wanna classify me as a dic* for calling someone out on it im cool with that its better than being a cheat.

Who Cares?!?!?! im still gonna beat you, whether you put your mini down/flip the disc/dont flip it.....i dont give a damn how you lose....thats a petty rule, and reall petty to call someone out on.....JUST PLAY THE GAME, its not like a couple inches is really gonna help all that much, im still gonna make the shot:D

Who Cares?!?!?! im still gonna beat you, whether you put your mini down/flip the disc/dont flip it.....i dont give a damn how you lose....thats a petty rule, and reall petty to call someone out on.....JUST PLAY THE GAME, its not like a couple inches is really gonna help all that much, im still gonna make the shot:D
i guess u never play with open or advanced players , and it might be petty iyo but its a rule none the less and if you think it cool try doing that in a pdga event see how long it takes for someone to call you on it .

and if its not going to help you whats the point of doing it ?