• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] New Disc Manufacturer

I bring news of of new disc maker and share what I heard and nothing but a bunch of downers in here.
Don't take it personally, it's not even you or your post or your info.

Someone broke the frisbee hype machine a few months ago, so I'd expect to hear loud violent clanging every time people sense that it's about to rev up for a while.

New company: all you gotta be is you :thmbup:
best of luck!

Champion Edition plastic isn't really all that, except to the fools paying big money for it. How about something new instead of trying to rehash outdated stuff?

As long as the molds were legit I think you'd be surprised how many people would pay for cloned CE plastic especially at stock prices.

"Feels like CE" is the new "flies like a longer teebird"
Actual conversation:

Kid in his 20's: "Have you tried the Prodigy discs? They feel just like CE."

Me: "Really? Have a big stash of CE disc?"

Kid in his 20's: "***hole. I had a buddy that had a CE Wraith who let me throw it. So there."

Me: "Yeah, you really got me on that one."

Actual conversation:

Kid in his 20's: "Have you tried the Prodigy discs? They feel just like CE."

Me: "Really? Have a big stash of CE disc?"

Kid in his 20's: "***hole. I had a buddy that had a CE Wraith who let me throw it. So there."

Me: "Yeah, you really got me on that one."

Did he also tell you that he turns over Firebirds?

Did you tell him you had a new CE Boss in your car you'd let go for $45? You know they're usually in the $60 range.

CE is crap that breaks in the cold.

But thanks for the news shroom.

After 10+ years

ive heard the same rumors! itll be good to see another good manufacturer in the mix!

I almost bought a CE mini just so I could actually feel this magical blend. Fact is, if I can't replace a disc under $20 I have no business buying it. I think the market is getting rather saturated. The more companies that come out the more likely I am to stick to the proven molds.

all the new companies coming out are using old discraft and innova molds that the patents have expired on

Interesting news.
My only question: is the disc golf market big enough to sustain another company? I'd hate to see it go the way of RIP Discs, Daredevil, Skyquest, et al, in that they exisist, but don't really make a ton of money.

I'm all for new products though. As you can tell from my sig, I am not loyal to any brand, and i'll try just about naything once. I'd like to see this company buck the trend and start with fairway drivers, though. That's the only spot in my bag where I have some wiggle room.