• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new disc

discgolfcrazy

Eagle Member
Any suggestions on a 6-10 speed disc that i can throw relatively straight, almost like a putter, is there such a thing. i was thinking a mako?:hfive:

a nebula is just the ticked... a tl would prob really be what you need i just have to throw a neb out there every time i make a suggestion

for straight drives, forehand, i used a star beast at one point, great glide and just goes straight

i flick as well i also play baseball. i would suggest for you a wraith a little faster than you want i think but i think you might like it for a while... and it looks like your just starting out so i would try out a valk too that was my number one disc for a while till i got some extra speed to my arm...

mako is more of a speed 4 or 5 disc, you can throw it straight if you have good form, it also depends on distance and how beat in it is.

brand new the mako when thrown flat will come out with a touch of high speed turn then straighten out and then have some low speed fade. as it breaks in it loses fade, gains a touch more high speed but not a lot.

for me once i start hitting distances like 250+ i start getting more high speed turn but a straight finish, less than that then you have more fade and less turn. for that reason if i'm throwing 250+, especially 300+ i throw a beat in cMD2 which is the straightest driving mid i've ever thrown start to finish.

if you are looking for a bit faster in the 6-7 range that goes dead straight i'd recommend a star leopard, star tl or maybe even an esp impact. however it all depends on your power level and your form.

EDIT: just saw that you flick so i don't know... i don't flick, personally i wouldn't flick a mako, it can be sensitive.

Champion TL. Hands down one of straightest flying discs out there. Innova just released a production version, a Champ TL+. Pick one up in a lighter weight (165-168) and you should be able to throw 250-300 laser beams.

thx

thx guys, 1)btw i have a valk an a beast and i hate them
2)my uncle just sent me a dx wraith and i threw one recently and love it
3 )i have a vulcan that i flick pretty straight
4) i have a dx leopard and cant throw it back hand at aall havent really flicked it
5) idk why but i can only backhand my aero and it only goes 150-200ft

Last edited:
for a side arm putter i would look strongly at a zone. crazy over stable for a putter. and for a mid side arm i would always have to suggest a neb just ike always but i also have a gator in my bag that hits for me really nice. now as far as a disc that will never flip no matter what head wind you have... at least mine hasnt so far i suggest a xxx big time great disc. get one you wont regret it

Latitude 64

I would take a look at the Latitude 64 River in the Gold Line (GL) plastic. It's the best feeling plastic IMO. This disc is super straight and just goes and goes.

Any suggestions on a 6-10 speed disc that i can throw relatively straight, almost like a putter, is there such a thing. i was thinking a mako?:hfive:

What is your throwing distance and style? Are you looking for a driver or a midrange?

The Teebird is probably the most "straight" driver out there. It likes to fly straight and fade out just at the end. It seems to do this over a wide range of distances, as well.

Anything faster will fade even more, so if you really want a no-fade finish, like a putter drive, you'll probably have to look at TLs, ELs, Leopards, etc and release them on a hyzer...

For midranges, I'd go with the Buzzz. It can take power and will fade very little. But it may be limited on it's ability to work lines, so keep that in mind.

For FH I would recommend a teebird. The HSS makes it a little more forgiving than a lot of other molds.

At least...... that's what I use..... :)

the buzzz can be a bit tricky for FH, but the deeper rim actually gives you quite a bit of control on a FH shot. it will also help eliminate OAT if any is present- it tells you it's there, but then levels out and flies OK for a wobbly release. I love mine in sorta beat ESP plastic, just enough turn to help push it out a bit more, but Pro-D might be better if you want to save money or get a little more turn.