• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Discraft video

I thought about all those posters when I saw this video. How come Discraft's long drive instructor only throws 350-400, when there are 15 or 20 anonymous posters at dgcoursereview who through 450-500? Why didn't Discraft film those guys teaching their distance instructor how to throw? Why don't those posters film themselves throwing at marked distance signs like Discraft does? We'd all love to watch it on youtube.

I will scrupulously avoid comment on the 400'-500' issue. ;) However, I will say that when I talk about distances I can throw, I am talking about 1) non-wind-aided, 2) relatively flat, 3) on-course, 4) under round conditions throws, that are easily measured due to being even with the pin or some easily measurable distance short/long. Not in-the-field-no-trees-in-sight thows. I always wonder if others do the same.

Funny thing is i have been doing a lot of what he says to do on the video lately and i have turned 260 ft drives into 300+. I am happy to say i now have one drive over 400ft (even if it was down hill). I have never thought about my grip or my steps. What i was working on was keeping my arm loose and shooting my hips through. too bad i have to work tonight i want to go try all this out. Oh well i guess there's always saturday.

What pisses me off to no end is the several holes at my home course that are only 200' and I cannot get the damn disc to the basket...they are uphill woods to open shots that for some reason play waaaay damn longer than they look.

Like this one, 243':
d72b4452.jpg
I would imagine that the trees are throwing you off. I'll bet you aren't throwing full steam and don't even realize it. I do the same thing sometimes.

Latest posts