• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New DX Valkyie= super flippy?

Mbagnola1

Eagle Member
I just got 2 new DX Valkyries that are super flippy. I love my champ and my older valks art like this. Has anybody else run Into this or am I just throwing them wrong?

I've never known a DX Valk that's not flippy if you throw more than 300'.

Word,but champ valks are definitely not flippy,not brand new ones,unless you really bomb them :|,or our definitions of flippy are different.

Not having a problem with mine I got a couple weeks ago. Turn a bit but fade back. Still need to beat on them a bit. At the same time I CAN turn them over for a short throw when I want, I just don't have a problem with them flipping when I don't want them to.

I recently got my first DX Valkyrie after loving the champions and stars that I've thrown. Even at max weight its a roller out of the box. My first throw was a hyzerflip, I didn't feel my wrist roll, and it went out about 50ft on a pretty flat line and flipped and rolled about 470'. It's staying in the bag.

Valks are my go to disc. I can get my champion out about 350 on a hyzer flip and about 275 laser beam straight. I've been using the DX valks for my huge anhyzers but these new ones are crazy understable. They are the new flight rated ones so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe ill stick with my champ and find a new anhyzer bomber...

I'm new here, but I hope its ok to bring this thread back from the dead. I just picked up a new DX Valk and it is ridiculously flippy. So flippy it was hard to keep it in the air even if I put it on a steep hyzer angle. I wondered if it was me, so I threw some Leopards, TBs, and Comets. Putting the Leos and TBs 300+ on a straight line, the Comet more like 275 so I don't think it was me.

I guess I could use this disc as a turnover disc, but I don't really need one and this disc turns like a super beat Sidewinder with less glide. Just wanted to get the word out about this.

Beware the DX Valk.

When I threw DX Valks (2005ish) they didn't start off too HSS. My first 400' throws were with DX Valks and even on those shots they didn't really turn that much. In fact, I was a bit surprised at how HSS they were (-0.5 or so turn) compared to what people said about them.

I don't know how more recent runs have turned out, though.

Ummm...have you tried throwing them different? I know Valks throw VERY different than your line-drive drivers. If you put them on low lines, of course they will flip. they are a bit of a cross between the old way of throwing bombs and the new. You have to give them a high-altitude hyzer-flip. You may or may not have this shot in your bag, but if you can pull it off, DX/Pro valks go WAY farther than champ/star. They glide like crazy.

....or our definitions of flippy are different.

How can that be? I though term "flippy" reffered to a specific, known, and predictable amount of turn for all players at all speeds.

I just lost my beat in valk that was flippy:(, I will have to pick one of the new ones up

Ummm...have you tried throwing them different? I know Valks throw VERY different than your line-drive drivers. If you put them on low lines, of course they will flip. they are a bit of a cross between the old way of throwing bombs and the new. You have to give them a high-altitude hyzer-flip. You may or may not have this shot in your bag, but if you can pull it off, DX/Pro valks go WAY farther than champ/star. They glide like crazy.

Of course I threw them on different lines-I'm not going to sit there and do the same thing over and over again waiting for something magical to happen. I hyzer-flip my Leopard for 3/4s of my drives, so I know how to do that. And I don't throw fast drivers, mainly just Leo and TB (my FB's for utility). This Valk turned really hard and had very little glide right off the shelf. It shouldn't be doing that.

I also have a Star Sidewinder that's way more stable than it should be. It only turns if I'm able to put around 350' of power, and then its just a tight s-curve toward the end of the flight. It turns less than my Leopard when I throw it hard. It's in my weight range (167-170) and I think if I throw my TBs 300-325 the Sidewinder should turn more. Then again, I bought the disc about a year ago and heard they mis-stamped some OLS's as Sidewinders around that time, so maybe that's what this is (the description of the OLS flight sounds like my disc). Or maybe it's just a super beefy Sidewinder. I actually like this Sidewinder-it's actually a lot like what I thought a DX Valk would be like, though I was hoping for more glide out of the latter. I'll stick with it, but I think I'm finding out for myself why people say that Innova's so inconsistent...

Of course I threw them on different lines-I'm not going to sit there and do the same thing over and over again waiting for something magical to happen. I hyzer-flip my Leopard for 3/4s of my drives, so I know how to do that. And I don't throw fast drivers, mainly just Leo and TB (my FB's for utility). This Valk turned really hard and had very little glide right off the shelf. It shouldn't be doing that.

Yeah, sounds like a limp duck. That sucks, man. Wasn't trying to offend you, btw, just know a lot of people who like to throw low line drives with big turnover discs and figured it might be something to bring up.

I love my Star Valk. I hate my DX Valk. Night and day different.

Yeah, sounds like a limp duck. That sucks, man. Wasn't trying to offend you, btw, just know a lot of people who like to throw low line drives with big turnover discs and figured it might be something to bring up.

No offense taken. I know what you mean about the low line drives too.

I guess I'll just stick with the Sidewinder. After all, it's kind of what I expected out of the Valk anyway. I'll just be a bit wary about DX from here on out. I'll never give up my DX TB though...

Latest posts