• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feature: Designer Response

I highly doubt bill will come on here and put responses on reviews.

True, it wouldn't be the course owner, just the FC supporters. I'd actually bet it would be a small-town course designer, angry that out-of-towners would have the gall to have constructive criticism over a course. I've seen example of that with courses here in North Carolina.

Reviewers will now receive an email letting them know a designer has responded to their review.

first try at it

Ok, I tried it out on a review on one of the courses I did to see how it would look.
Ira Twp Park reviews

I think it was the second review of the new(and lil rough around the edges) course. They brought up good points and valid cons, which I appreciated :)
This reviewer was nice enough to come back and update his review after I fixed a few things for the course. Maybe he can do the same at another course I thought was 5 star...

ive just gotten a response to a review and i think think its a nice feature. i had made a mistake on a basket number, should i revise my review?

Last edited:
Its hard to respond to a con list (a sarcastic example)
no trash cans
#18 stinks
snakes shoot out of cannons at your face on #15
Benches were upsidedown
I shot poorly..

With the same amount of characters. I found that my review review was longer than the review on one review review.

If one review encompasses con's that represent a number of other reviewers con's I think it is best to answer them all in the most comprehensive review.

Did any of that make sense?

A couple responses here and there should be ok. This could work as long as designers can use it as another way to improve the course and the game. Wouldn't want to respond to every review. Most people who take the time to give a good review know what they're talking about, hopefully :)

In this example, the person has been contacted multiple times, including one week after the review was written to let him know it was out of date. He chooses not to update it so there's no reason he shouldn't get more negative votes for not taking action.

I'm pretty sure that I even contacted this guy!

Sounds like this will be a positive feature that will provide useful information.

Reviewers will now receive an email letting them know a designer has responded to their review.
Sweet additions to the site! Thanks Tim! :thmbup: :clap:

Uh,,,,well,,,,no way to get around it, I am not very web savy and I cannot figure out how to post a designer response. Maybe I should stick to designing.

Input, need more input.

Uh,,,,well,,,,no way to get around it, I am not very web savy and I cannot figure out how to post a designer response. Maybe I should stick to designing.

Input, need more input.
Did you PM or email me a list of courses you designed?

No I did not! I figured that the machine knew which were mine. (shows you how much faith I have in machines) I will do that after I figure out which ones they are.

Thanks for responding.

I can only imagine some of the responses from that^ guy :p

Next up, a feature for responding to the designer response.

Oh wait, that's called editing your review to ninja the designer response. Never mind. :p