• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feature: Designer Response

Next up, a feature for responding to the designer response.

Oh wait, that's called editing your review to ninja the designer response. Never mind. :p

Haha. That would be human nature at its most normal. If I do respond to some reviews I promise to keep it on a informative level and not an emotional or defensive level. My skin has toughened greatly over the years. One of the biggest compliments, I choose to take it that way, is that many of the locals call my courses the land of Aforkustan, with a slight twist on the fork part.;)

Next up, a feature for responding to the designer response.

Oh wait, that's called editing your review to ninja the designer response. Never mind. :p
Except that if a review is updated it's tagged as updated. I suppose if you were a particularly unstealthy ninja but if one does not rely on stealth can they really be called a ninja?

Will the home page show that designers have responded to reviews? Perhaps under "Recent Review" or even New Threads?

Nope. You just get an email if your review is responded to.

Haha. That would be human nature at its most normal. If I do respond to some reviews I promise to keep it on a informative level and not an emotional or defensive level. My skin has toughened greatly over the years. One of the biggest compliments, I choose to take it that way, is that many of the locals call my courses the land of Aforkustan, with a slight twist on the fork part.;)

Updated Stumpy, Bailey, and Nevin. Lemme know if you want to add anything. Mark.

Looks like a great feature, I typically PM reviews on new courses where issues are noted, some of which arre excelent feedback that I can take care of, and some times I just need more explaination of what the concern is on the course.

And sometimes I PM a thank you for the positive comments.

Mostly I just to a Stan Mc - and stay thick skinneed!

Well, the .5disc and the 4.5 disc right in a row... Apparently, I am the Obama of Disc Golf Course Design 50% LOVE it, 50% HATE it. They were so long ago and so not helpful... why even respond. I tried to respond specifically to valid concerns, questions, or misconceptions...especially if the reviewer covered a number of them coherently.

I like this feature because I feel that it does add some energy back in... in the past there was nothing you could do about a poor review or an opinion you just didnt agree with. For example Denny Ritner's review of Nevin and his mention of #16. I really liked his review and it prompted me to go to #16 a number of times...and even though it is Fall, I feel that it is a very inaccurate representation of that hole. You can clearly see the entire walking path have have almost no chance of hitting someone because of the low traffic. I'm glad that the new process gave me the desire to walk out and take a look at something from someone elses point of view...even though it solidified my disagreement.

Just read Stan McDaniel's response to a review of Renny that pointed out the extent to which the lack of signage affects the course. I really like this feature!

Latest posts