• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Gold Tee course at Lydle Gulch outside Boise

PSPerkins

Construction has begun on the new 20 hole gold tee course at Lydle Gulch in Boise.

I am really looking forward to this course, it looks like it will offer spectactular views through the canyon, some fun and challenging shots and another course to play that is easily day-trippable from in town.

There have been some photos posted of the first tee and basket at the facebook page. (I didn't want to post their pics without permission.)

Course designed by the USACE (us army corps of engineers) and baskets donated by local superheroes "Play It Again Sports."

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.414536585261968.88550.161375027244793&type=1

The course is sick

20 baskets are in, and are playable. Tee's are marked by yellow stakes, and pink flags. Yellow arrows painted on rocks will point you from each basket to the next tee pad. Only one permanent tee pad (#1) is installed as of today, but it looks like they are working on #20. Other Tee pads are currently very primitive but the course is very fun. There are some wide open long driving holes (#13 and #20, think 800'+) and lots of elevation change that add to the technical difficulty of the course (think blind shots, and some really cool canyon drives). Just a heads up, #17 and 18 are kind of wonky, but you'll figure it out, and hole #7 (AKA cliffhanger) is deceptively longer then it looks. This course is going to be sick when all is said and done. I can't wait to see what the USACE has up their sleeve. (By the way the wind was howling today which made every shot tough, can't wait to play on a relatively calm day)

I'm in the Boise area as well, and have been looking forward to this course being done for a while. I actually live in Meridian, so it'll be a little bit of a drive, but I imagine it'll be worth it. Especially in the summer where we'll be able to take a swim in Lucky Peak after an afternoon round. I love Ann Mo but it'll be nice to have another full course in the area.

Nice! Look forward to playing next time I am visiting the in-laws in Boise.

Another windy day out there. I shot much better out there last week, but still had fun. Managed to lose a white xcal on 18. Tried to forehand out to the pin, but the wind ripped it back into the ridge out of sight. I lost it amongst the white rocks. Oh well. The wind really messes with the shot up on hole 20. I managed a 4 today. I think the secret is to stay to the left side of the ridge. going off to the right is bad.

Had one of my top 5 rounds of my life today. Shot a 60 at the gulch today. Birdied 7,15,16 and 19. Hit the basket on 15. 2 inches higher and it would have been in the chains.4's on 5 and 13 and a 5 on 12. I really thought I could get a 4 on 12, but I duffed the putt.

Hole 20, oh hole 20. I picked up my 175 s-cd and through it as if I wanted it go straight to the 1st hole's tee-box. It started out straight and started flexing back to the right, it kept going and going. it crossed over the ridge trail and started fading back to the left and it touched down 35-40 ft short of the pin. I wanted the putt so bad, but I missed it to the left. I am happy with the 3 of course, but a two would have been unreal.

Has anyone been to the gulch recently? I Haven't been back in a while, wind was terrible last time, and it blew (figuratively and literally). Have they finished the tee-pad on 20 yet? Have they started any other ones? I'm trying to head out there this weekend and am wondering what to expect?

I still haven't made it up there. Might just wait til the Spring, cause it's about 40 degrees down here in Boise lately.. kinda windy.. don't wanna imagine what it is up there. Settlers Park was put up a few days ago, and I live in the neighborhood right next to it.. so that's convenient and where I'll be playing during the winter months. Maybe take a random trip to Eagle Island sometime.

I don't mind the cold, but the wind can be brutal out there. I'll probably be out there Saturday with the dog. Usually by 11am.

Latest posts