• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Grip Equipment Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. Still no release date.

Ding dong.

Yep. Still no release date. But that is only because all of my previous attempts to provide one just came back to bite me. However, it is a mistake to assume that means the release is far off.

I am waiting until I am VERY sure of VERY specific dates to make an announcement... and that is likely to be the day they are put on FedEx trucks to your houses which will be about one to three days before they actually get there. General release to follow along a couple of weeks after that.

And yes we are considering some ways to show our gratitude for our pre-sale customers' patience! Once we have that nailed down, those customers will be notified. All Tour level Grip Equipment bags will include a bag tag.

Haha this doesn't change my decision. I'm still gonna get one when they come out. Just really glad I didn't pre-order.

I'm a very impatient person I think I'd be losing my mind lol.

...I hate that I still may buy one later down the line. You or gorilla boy, that guy makes some cool bags.

Considering other colors other than black justin?

It sure would be great to get it before teams, but only time will tell

Yes, you can expect to be able to purchase these in November, I also expect to have pre-sold bags to you in advance of the TX Teams Tourney.

And to the haters out there... please check your assumptions about Asian manufacturing at the door. It is unfortunate that poorly built products from Asia are the only ones that stick out in some people's minds. The factory I am working with, and in fact many Asian factories of note, are hound dogs about quality, equitable treatment of labor, efficient use of materials, and proper effluent disposal. It may seem counter intuitive but it is a plain fact (owing to cost of living and other factors) that with labor-intensive products, you simply get better quality for your dollar in Asia than in the US.

They will build things as well or as poorly as you specify. If you are used to Asian-built products breaking, it is the brands that you are investing in that are to blame, and not implicitly the country of Origin. Cheap s*** is cheap s*** no matter where it was built.

Many things are designed lackadaisically and/or to have a short life cycle so that you buy more of them, and too often companies have inadequate representatives dealing with their manufacturers which negatively impacts results. Frequently, too, designs and production specs are gutted in the name of low price-points. Unfortunately it is these products that we tend to remember most and which categorically form many people's perceptions. But I reiterate, cheap s*** is cheap s***. Invest in better brands.

But nevertheless I got into this business with the same skepticism and so I found a sourcing rep and a developer who are EXTRAORDINARILY experienced and talented in this domain and that could get my high-end vision of our products made. It is also important to note that the majority of delays we experienced were in order to adjust seams, materials, and components to make sure that the design and construction of these packs would hold up for years. Indeed, we have such faith in our designs and manufacturing that we guarantee the quality of our construction and materials for the life of our bags.

I apologize for getting a bit long-winded, but it is a necessary rant nonetheless. Cheers!

just curious, why did you choose an asian manufacturer?

:confused:
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

just curious, why did you choose an asian manufacturer?

Viet F'n Nam!!!! :)

Unless you wanna pay 3 times the price, I would say that would be the reason why! Granted it might be great to be American Made etc but there isn't going to be enough volume to make a profit from an American manufacturer, and from first hand experience the American Workmanship isn't what it used to be especially in the textile realm. Can't wait to buy one, or pre order one!

call me crazy but I am a huge fan of American made items. even if there is a slight price increase. Every item that has been manufactured in Asia has been junk for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.