• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Grip Equipment Bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can expect to be able to purchase these in November, I also expect to have pre-sold bags to you in advance of the TX Teams Tourney.

And to the haters out there... please check your assumptions about Asian manufacturing at the door. It is unfortunate that poorly built products from Asia are the only ones that stick out in some people's minds. The factory I am working with, and in fact many Asian factories of note, are hound dogs about quality, equitable treatment of labor, efficient use of materials, and proper effluent disposal. It may seem counter intuitive but it is a plain fact (owing to cost of living and other factors) that with labor-intensive products, you simply get better quality for your dollar in Asia than in the US.

They will build things as well or as poorly as you specify. If you are used to Asian-built products breaking, it is the brands that you are investing in that are to blame, and not implicitly the country of Origin. Cheap s*** is cheap s*** no matter where it was built.

Many things are designed lackadaisically and/or to have a short life cycle so that you buy more of them, and too often companies have inadequate representatives dealing with their manufacturers which negatively impacts results. Frequently, too, designs and production specs are gutted in the name of low price-points. Unfortunately it is these products that we tend to remember most and which categorically form many people's perceptions. But I reiterate, cheap s*** is cheap s***. Invest in better brands.

But nevertheless I got into this business with the same skepticism and so I found a sourcing rep and a developer who are EXTRAORDINARILY experienced and talented in this domain and that could get my high-end vision of our products made. It is also important to note that the majority of delays we experienced were in order to adjust seams, materials, and components to make sure that the design and construction of these packs would hold up for years. Indeed, we have such faith in our designs and manufacturing that we guarantee the quality of our construction and materials for the life of our bags.

I apologize for getting a bit long-winded, but it is a necessary rant nonetheless. Cheers!

Amazing how many people dog on Asian made products but sit down every night to watch there $2000 Flat screens and play there $400 PS3's. Fact is Justin is dead right about the quality of products and sh#t is sh#t no matter where its made.

Amazing how many people dog on Asian made products but sit down every night to watch there $2000 Flat screens and play there $400 PS3's. Fact is Justin is dead right about the quality of products and sh#t is sh#t no matter where its made.

there is a huge difference between Japan and Vietnam. Just like there is one between tvs and textiles

Has anyone heard anything new? I found this on another website. Does this mean they are up and ready for sale? Check out this website. It has the "buy now" button which takes you to an order form.

Viet F'n Nam!!!! :)

Unless you wanna pay 3 times the price, I would say that would be the reason why! Granted it might be great to be American Made etc but there isn't going to be enough volume to make a profit from an American manufacturer, and from first hand experience the American Workmanship isn't what it used to be especially in the textile realm. Can't wait to buy one, or pre order one!

This is why Grip Eq should be made by hand, like gorilla boy. That dude is a one man army. Grip EQ would probably turn a wild profit if you had that guy make them :) or make them by hand themselves. Shoot, I would help out just to get one first.

Mahals are made in the USA and the best quality construction I have ever seen. I have owned at least 10 quality backpacks and the Mahal beats them all.

And the price reflects the Made in the USA reality

I could say more good things if people are interested.

Mahals are made in the USA and the best quality construction I have ever seen. I have owned at least 10 quality backpacks and the Mahal beats them all.

And the price reflects the Made in the USA reality

I could say more good things if people are interested.

While I do agree with this sentiment generally speaking, one must also remember there is plenty of crap made in the USA. There is more to a quality product than just the location it is assembled/made.

About GripEQ.com and other things

MOchains - How did you find that site? I don't think I've published it anywhere!? The page and "Buy Now" link are like a Hollywood set. It's all for show.

In order to get a merchant account you have to show the credit card processing underwriters a sales page with certain elements present including a functional purchasing link--even if it isn't actually functional. PLEASE DO NOT UTILIZE THAT LINK. It is a dummy page and no information will be recorded upon form submission!

We are working on getting our full site built and once it is done in the next week or two it will go up at that address, we will start advertising that as our website, and the old page will forward to the new one. But in the meantime I'm still baffled how you found it!

And with respect to the quality/country of origin discussion. Our bags are every bit as tough and well built as the Mahal, and indeed the guarantees for both products are essentially the same. However, the GripEQ bag is a more well-informed and complex design and as such would out price even that bag were it made in the US. But that complexity is a result of the intuitive functionality and incredible fit and comfort designed into our pack which put it light years ahead of ALL other bags on the market.

Cheers again!

he was comparing tv to textiles. you need to compare twtiles to textiles. every textiles i have owned from asia is crap

If this is true (and I don't believe that it is) then you clearly must be investing in brands that don't pay for quality manufacturing. Apparently I must reiterate again... Factories will generally build your products to any level of quality you specify and pay for. If the products you own are breaking it is the fault of the brands you are investing in. Invest in better brands (like Grip Equipment ;))

Last edited:
I cannot wait for mine to get here. I've been doing pretty good at biding my time, but now that I know its close I'm having a hard time not getting excited. By the time it gets here it'll feel like I didn't even pay for it.

I cannot wait for mine to get here. I've been doing pretty good at biding my time, but now that I know its close I'm having a hard time not getting excited. By the time it gets here it'll feel like I didn't even pay for it.

Lol, Definitely what we were going for... let's say.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Solomon... Even if you buy a textile item from a US manufacturer, guess where the textiles themselves come from (with very little exception)...

However, the GripEQ bag is a more well-informed and complex design and as such would out price even that bag were it made in the US. But that complexity is a result of the intuitive functionality and incredible fit and comfort designed into our pack which put it light years ahead of ALL other bags on the market.

i know my Mahal is super comfy. Lets hear what other have to say about the comfort of their Grip bags

....oh.....right

Avery Jenkins- "Super comfortable with the padded shoulder straps and the backing of the bag. It also feels very lightweight even when fully loaded with discs and full water bottles due to the weight be pulled closer to my center of gravity. The Disc Golf Bag of choice for years to come."

Nate Doss- "This bag is ideal."

Avery Jenkins- "Super comfortable with the padded shoulder straps and the backing of the bag. It also feels very lightweight even when fully loaded with discs and full water bottles due to the weight be pulled closer to my center of gravity. The Disc Golf Bag of choice for years to come."

Nate Doss- "This bag is ideal."

Dude all I am saying is you need to stop promoting your product and start producing it. You are starting to look pretty silly here and bragging about how great your bag is, when you have completely failed to deliver it to people you somehow suckered into paying up front, does not reflect well on the brand or you as the owner.

My mahal wasn't built when i ordered it but they didn't charge my card until the day it was produced and shipped to me....you know, the way most businesses work.

I hope this works out for you but right now its starting to look like a running joke.

To everyone else out there, i will be building the greatest bag ever. it will even give you a reach around. If you send me $5000 right now you will be put on the waiting list. Bags should be built tomorrow.

Dude all I am saying is you need to stop promoting your product and start producing it. You are starting to look pretty silly here and bragging about how great your bag is, when you have completely failed to deliver it to people you somehow suckered into paying up front, does not reflect well on the brand or you as the owner.

My mahal wasn't built when i ordered it but they didn't charge my card until the day it was produced and shipped to me....you know, the way most businesses work.

I hope this works out for you but right now its starting to look like a running joke.

To everyone else out there, i will be building the greatest bag ever. it will even give you a reach around. If you send me $5000 right now you will be put on the waiting list. Bags should be built tomorrow.

What is your paypal account? Do you accept Discaroo Dollars? What is your sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.