• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Improved Voodoo Spinal Tap

Do any Voodoo owners have insight on how the bag breaks in? The flap of the main compartment is a little hard to clear the discs and I'm afraid I'll ruin/break/bend the stiff support board. If it's plastic and not cardboard then it's no issue. Either way I absolutely love it. Can't wait for spring to officially bust it out.

It's definitely not cardboard. After over a year of using mine, the flap that covers the main disc compartment is still relatively stiff. I've been using the pocket on the flap to store my scorecard/clipboard, and it can be difficult at times to load discs into the compartment when the clipboard is present. This is especially an issue when the bag is full, and I'm trying to squeeze a softer, more rubbery disc into the compartment. If you're not keeping a clipboard or something else quite firm in that pocket, then you should have no problem with that flap breaking in, making disc loading easier.

Does stuffing the side pockets put pressure on the main disc compartment or is there an internal frame?

Does stuffing the side pockets put pressure on the main disc compartment or is there an internal frame?

Stuffing the large side pockets will squeeze the main disc compartment somewhat. There are pieces of plastic that run vertically between the disc compartment and the side pockets that help give the bag its shape, but the structure of the bag isn't rigid enough to stop an overstuffed side pocket from squeezing the disc compartment. With all that said, I've stuffed the side pockets a few times, and I find that moving one disc from the main compartment to the putter pocket frees up enough space to make accessing discs an easy task.

Latest posts