• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Innova Backpack

67734029_2067763790197892_774520798336516096_o.jpg

The 3 I know is not an inovation but rather was the pro Innova sponsored players and what the average player has wanted for years a flat top version of some molds. Innova took a lazy route and did not have to get the 3 top molds tested at first until PDGA made Innova in 2017 for some reason. Some of those 3 top like the Shark 3 are different enough from the original mold that they should have gotten tested as a new mold when they first came out.

"scientifically" :doh:

That is what all MVP/Axoim super fans say.

To that note Innova has made a new Plastic, Nexus for the Lion. Also Innova has made a few new molds this year that are not copies of anything they already make or make for another company, mostly in the very high speed of driver discs with a putter, the Bullfrog very late last year.

Not a bad bag for the price point. Looks like a reasonable way to test out a backpack design and see if it works for your needs.

Anyone have any experience with this bag? At $40 I might just get one anyway.

I have one and I also picked up the MVP version and the Dynamic Discs version. All three are hugely the same bag with very minor differences. I have not yet focused on them enough to do a comparison video but I can still give you my initial impression. I have carried the Innova one for 3 rounds.

Initially they are more upright and rigid when compared to the Prodigy BP-3 and BP-3v2. Once the bag is loaded up and tossed around then the Innova bag shows that in function its not really more rigid. Just like the Prodigy BP3 this bag kinda collapses in on itself.
I find it to be an odd disc to storage ratio. It can carry a ton of discs but then has very little room dedicated to store any other items. I ended up only loading the main compartment about 60% full of discs and then set other stuff next to my discs like; towels and a couple zippered bags with all my bag tags, sunblock, bug spray, ect.

I really have trouble seeing much value in these bags. They are dirt cheap and their build quality and design reflect that. I would never recommend this bag to someone that is interested in playing disc gold regularly. About the only scenario I could recommend a cheap bag like this would be for a kid or maybe your friend who you have no idea if they will stay with disc golf but might be more likely to start coming out if they have their own bag.

I would like to say that this type of bag is a race to the bottom. If possible each of us should be supporting those that are building high quality products. If we spend our money on cheap disposable stuff like this then companies will make more and more disposable stuff. If you can afford it please save up and buy a higher quality bag(*slowly steps off soap box*)

I have one and I also picked up the MVP version and the Dynamic Discs version. All three are hugely the same bag with very minor differences. I have not yet focused on them enough to do a comparison video but I can still give you my initial impression. I have carried the Innova one for 3 rounds.

Initially they are more upright and rigid when compared to the Prodigy BP-3 and BP-3v2. Once the bag is loaded up and tossed around then the Innova bag shows that in function its not really more rigid. Just like the Prodigy BP3 this bag kinda collapses in on itself.
I find it to be an odd disc to storage ratio. It can carry a ton of discs but then has very little room dedicated to store any other items. I ended up only loading the main compartment about 60% full of discs and then set other stuff next to my discs like; towels and a couple zippered bags with all my bag tags, sunblock, bug spray, ect.

I really have trouble seeing much value in these bags. They are dirt cheap and their build quality and design reflect that. I would never recommend this bag to someone that is interested in playing disc gold regularly. About the only scenario I could recommend a cheap bag like this would be for a kid or maybe your friend who you have no idea if they will stay with disc golf but might be more likely to start coming out if they have their own bag.

I would like to say that this type of bag is a race to the bottom. If possible each of us should be supporting those that are building high quality products. If we spend our money on cheap disposable stuff like this then companies will make more and more disposable stuff. If you can afford it please save up and buy a higher quality bag(*slowly steps off soap box*)

If anyone can't afford more than the Innova backpack, just get a Voodoo Mojo for the same price! Much better (albeit not backpack style) bag for the same price!

I appreciate the response, I agree on the buying quality aspect I have a grip b series that I love, I was interested in getting something lighter that I could use to keep newer discs I was wanting to break in. Will probably just stick with my grip, and load it with less to ease the weight. May have to save up for a shift.

Actually I saw a high school guy a few days before school started in my area using this backpack for field work, and it looked nearly the same as the Dynamic Disc backpack. the side pouch is actually bigger just slightly on the Innova model and he had some scorecards in the lower putter pouch. He had most putters in the top, a Zone might have been in the bottom. This bag is taller/skinnier and less school/sports backpack looking then the Dynamic Disc model.

I got one of these bags in a players pack a few weeks ago. Feels solid, and a local Legacy sponsored player that's been rocking one, said they're durable (granted, it's only been 2 months in use). Still have 2 other beater bags to go through, and they are holding up nicely, so I'm going to use it for a Plasti-Dip Metalizer test job.

I got one of these bags in a players pack a few weeks ago. Feels solid, and a local Legacy sponsored player that's been rocking one, said they're durable (granted, it's only been 2 months in use). Still have 2 other beater bags to go through, and they are holding up nicely, so I'm going to use it for a Plasti-Dip Metalizer test job.

The Whole bag or just the very bottom?

I downsized to the discovery bag and have no real complaints.
Think it was just under $20 through Amazon Prime.
It only holds 15 +2 putters but I only use 6 molds to begin with.

Own one. In a couple of weeks I bought a different bag. I will list the reasons why.

1. The bag would not stand up. Ever. Falls over immediately after putting it on the ground.
2. When the bag has discs in it the front putter pouch you cannot just slide your putter in. You will have to open the flap manually with one hand to get the putter in the pouch.

Good starter bag if you are okay with your bag falling over every time you set it down.

Latest posts