• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Champion Plastic...good or bad????

Don't know about durability, but it's definitely grippier than previous Champion and not quite as rock-hard.

Durability seems pretty comparable to regular champ plastic so far. I've been throwing my tern about 10x a day in the field for the last week or so and it's holding up really well. Time will tell but so far so good.

I'm wondering the same thing. Iv'e already seen pop top roc3s with bubbles in the rim.

Im going to email "ask dave" and see how long and how many molds this will run in because its one of the best champ plastics since 07-08. When im at the bg ams I will be checking every vendor for it. Eric from the pro shop told me the new jolly launcher can be identified if you cant feel the difference by the rims are almost crystal clear.

My local shop just got some 12x TB's in and it appears to be run in the new plastic. Did anyone ever get confirmation if that was true???

does anyone know if new plastic means the new stamps? cause i recently saw a bright pink 12x that was super flat and super gummy. didnt feel like the old stuff. also some banshees. neither had the circle stamp like the tern or roc3

does anyone know if new plastic means the new stamps? cause i recently saw a bright pink 12x that was super flat and super gummy. didnt feel like the old stuff. also some banshees. neither had the circle stamp like the tern or roc3

They haven't "officially" released the new TB, but I have a feeling they are running the new plastic with the old stamps until that release. I will let you know tomorrow when I get to feel up the new TB's and post some pics.

^^^Not really sure how to take them better? They are on my countertop and the camera is right at the level of the discs. Any lower and I would get my countertop in the picture. How do you normally take them?

Directly from Dave Dunipace

We are currently offering the Roc3 and Tern in the new "Jolly Launcher" style plastic. The Mako3 and Shark3 will also be available in this super bright and clear plastic. These molds will continue to be available in this plastic. We have already started to produce other models in this plastic, but I cannot provide any specific details at this time.

Dave

12x Teebird 171g by peakband, on Flickr
171g

12x Teebird 166g by peakband, on Flickr
166g

11xL and 12xR dome test by peakband, on Flickr

Dome test-11x TB left and 12x Right 171g....

I just got a blue and yellow Brinster TB... and I gotta say, your discs don't really look like mine at all. The jolly rancher stuff is much more clear, a tell tale sign is if you can clearly see through the rim. It's hard to tell with the way your pictures are cropped, but it seems that is not the case here. Just thought I'd throw in my opinion.

U can feel the difference you really can if its glossy and grippy its jolly

WNWCDB4l.jpg

I love the new stuff so far. I have a Tern and Roc3 and one more of each on the way. From what I have noticed the plastic is a tiny bit softer, but nothing to really worry about. I cannot wait to get my hands on a TeeBird in the new stuff.
Basically if you are having trouble telling the new stuff from the old stuff then you haven't really seen or felt the new stuff, it is very different in a good way.

Got to play a round today with the TB's.

First off, these are clearly made out of the new plastic. They are grippy, look amazing, and feel great. I have felt the old plastic and this is not it.

Throwing wise, I am in love. I have never had so many good throws with two discs in my life. The 171g blue is slightly more stable but amazingly straight. I parked a 350 ft. hole, and threw a lazer beam 350+ ft shot straight down a long fairway. I was able to flex it over though on one hole.

The 166g is just as stable with a bit more HSS turn. I threw this the farthest. I parked another 380 ft. hole, then threw it dead straight down a fairway for about the same distance maybe a bit more. I did try to flex it out into a long anhyzer shot, however it fought out of the line and ended to the left.

Both were incredible discs and I was having fun just playing and not worrying about shot choices. I was also able to out drive several of my drivers with these because of the incredible glide. Being a "feel" type of player the soft, gummy plastic just felt great in my hand. These are everything I wanted the Brinster birds to be. Good thing my buddy let me know about these or I would have missed out. :clap::thmbup:

Also, my store had several very very flat 12x Firebirds that I believe was in the new plastic as well. I don't throw them so I didn't pick one up, but man one was super pearly amazingness.