• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] NEW Innova Star Rancho Roc

MDeezy

Bogey Member
Anyone had a chance to throw the NEW Star Rancho Roc? I tried searching for some reviews or information, but couldn't find any. I am curious how domey these will be, and how they will fly compared to other Ranchos.

I got an F2 from the Factory Store and it was fairly domey. I sold it, so I didn't get to throw it to see what it was like.

2012-05-10_14-14-38_670.jpg

DGC has them in stock I see. Was also wondering how they fly. I have a R-pro wood roc, but I have no idea what mold it is. Cool disc but since it's not something I can easily replace, I use a GL pain.

R-pro wood is a rancho mold.

If this is anything like the Star Rancho USDGC thrower from '09 i have, it'll be the most overstable roc you can find. I use it for windy shots or any mid range shot that requires a lot of fade. It is also great for shaping lines and will always have its predictable fade.

looks domey but glad innova is making a star rancho. usdgc ones were gummy and flat as a board.

I buy lots of discs from frisbeerancher on Ebay, I think he is a great seller, and on his new listings for the just released Star Ranchos he put a note that they are domey, so I would expect something more domey than the average Rancho.

Threw three of them today, two black 180g's and a blue 175g. Nope - none of them are flat tops - they have a moderate (read: less than the Star SM) dome. Lots of stability - decent amount of glide; I was able to throw them all ~300ft.

Anyone had a chance to throw the NEW Star Rancho Roc? I tried searching for some reviews or information, but couldn't find any. I am curious how domey these will be, and how they will fly compared to other Ranchos.

if plh is the same then yes but they can have dome with lower plh.

plh is parting line height.

Fixed that for you. Corrected an iphone auto-correction probably. :p

If they made stiff ones of these, it might be a pretty decent disc.

I'll second this, all the 09 rancho star rocs I've seen were fairly domey.

The two pink 09 throwers i have are very gummy and very flat ..though it sounds like that is rare

I have one of each, 2009 domey and flat.
The 2009 domey is an overstable pig. Very difficult to throw.
The 2009 gummy flat is a more normal Roc, flight-wise, and very controllable for me.

Why do people prefer flat discs versus domed ones?

I bought a Z wasp because I couldn't find a champ rancho Roc (my favorite mid). Like most discraft mids, the wasp is flat as a pancake, and I find that this really kills the glide. The thing throws like a brick. My KC roc has much more curvature to the top, and actually flies. I'll take domey over flat-top any day.

I got an F2 from the Factory Store and it was fairly domey. I sold it, so I didn't get to throw it to see what it was like.

2012-05-10_14-14-38_670.jpg

You sold it to me. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. It has some dome, but it is more overstable than any KC Pro Roc I've ever had. It's got some nice glide too.

Why do people prefer flat discs versus domed ones?

I bought a Z wasp because I couldn't find a champ rancho Roc (my favorite mid). Like most discraft mids, the wasp is flat as a pancake, and I find that this really kills the glide. The thing throws like a brick. My KC roc has much more curvature to the top, and actually flies. I'll take domey over flat-top any day.

Well with Rocs there are a lot of people that love the flat top and/or Ching Rocs. Personally, I prefer a Roc with some gradual dome b/c they beat in less squirrely IMO. What most can agree on is that poppy top Rocs and really domey ones are teh suck.

Latest posts