• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Map Feature

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
If you check the Browse Map you may have noticed a new "Course Listing" header at the bottom of it. If you expand that window you will get a listing of the courses that are visible on the map in order of distance from the point you clicked. This way you can get an overview of the courses in the area (similar to just doing a course browse) but clicking a course name in the list will have that course pop-up on the map.

If you have trouble with it, make sure to try a ctrl-f5 to reload old cached files. If you continue to have problems feel free to post here and I'll try to fix it. I tested in IE8 and FF without any issues.

That's great. It will definitley be easier than clicking on the course and having the course pop up on a balloon. Nice addition!

The map browser does not seem to be working for me (in IE8 or Chrome). When I double click on the map, it just zooms in to where I click rather than giving the + mark and loading courses. No courses are loading. I do not feel like rebooting, co is anyone else having this same issue?

And, I can not find a "Course Listing" header anywhere despite doing the ctrl-F5 a few times.

Try it now.. I accidentally had it marked as premium only.

Lol, I was wondering the same thing. I went and cleared my cache in the tools menu and thought I had fixed it.

Works now. Nice. Thanks for the great additional feature!

and it is an x, not a + :)

Not to be ungrateful, but it would be really cool to have the course list sortable by distance from the X and by rating.

I love the ability to click on the list and the bubble pops up on the map, but the sorting thing would be really handy in areas where there are tons of courses.

It would be kind of a big pain to implement sorting on that list. If I'm feeling ambitious.. or rather feel like tackling a boring task, I'll give it a shot :)

For now, you could just use the filters up top to narrow down the ratings that you want to see.

MY NEXT ROAD TRIP!

Using this slick new map feature, I found thirty (30) courses located within a 20 mile radius from Buffalo Grove, Illinois. Is there anywhere in the country with more courses in a concentrated area? Maybe Minneapolis?

MY NEXT ROAD TRIP!

Using this slick new map feature, I found thirty (30) courses located within a 20 mile radius from Buffalo Grove, Illinois. Is there anywhere in the country with more courses in a concentrated area? Maybe Minneapolis?

To answer my own question, I found thirty-one (31) located with 20 miles from Minneapolis. There is no excuse for you folks in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois not to have played hundreds of courses.

Well, maybe I'll accept two feet of snow, seven months of winter and sub-Artic temperatures.

thank you thank you this will be so handy.

Noticed that the "Courses Near Me" drop down tab is gone when I hover over the "Course Directory" tab. I miss the convenience of checking for recent reviews of my local courses in one click.

To answer my own question, I found thirty-one (31) located with 20 miles from Minneapolis. There is no excuse for you folks in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois not to have played hundreds of courses.

Well, maybe I'll accept two feet of snow, seven months of winter and sub-Artic temperatures.

Is that a challenge?. . . I will easily be at 200 maybe 250 by the end of the year. I may even join you in the Diamond TR Club. Wait that actually sounds like a strip club.

Noticed that the "Courses Near Me" drop down tab is gone when I hover over the "Course Directory" tab. I miss the convenience of checking for recent reviews of my local courses in one click.
That is still in the drop-down menu.

Yup - I have taken it upon myself to play every course in the greater Chicago and Milwaukee areas and rate them......just so others do not go out of their way to have to play them. :D I believe Harr is on a similar crusade for the good of our fellow DGers.

I hand out 0.0 discs for courses with a grade of D & D- (a 0.0 in my book is not failing.....but rather "as marginal as they come") and 0.5 discs for D+ (course has 1-2 redeeming factors above and beyond baskets in the ground). I have dished out 18 0's and 0.5's of 60 IL courses I have played and 10 out of 37 in WI.

I like this new set-up. This is how I had wished it to be since I first discovered this fine website. Thanks for everything timg.

Yup - I have taken it upon myself to play every course in the greater Chicago and Milwaukee areas and rate them......just so others do not go out of their way to have to play them. :D I believe Harr is on a similar crusade for the good of our fellow DGers.

I hand out 0.0 discs for courses with a grade of D & D- (a 0.0 in my book is not failing.....but rather "as marginal as they come") and 0.5 discs for D+ (course has 1-2 redeeming factors above and beyond baskets in the ground). I have dished out 18 0's and 0.5's of 60 IL courses I have played and 10 out of 37 in WI.

I'm with you on wanting to get to all the courses in the area despite the awfulness of most of the courses around here. I'm a little behind you, I've got 7 in the Chicago area still to play and I haven't gotten to Milwaukee yet, but by the end of this year I should have them all (not too bad for only living in Chicago since the beginning of last summer).

Latest posts