• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] new md3

They only have one in stock...
That's literally the first D-Line I've ever seen. I didn't even think D-Lines existed. I want them in regular production. I went from Rocs to MD3s. I would buy a bunch of D-Lines if I could find them.

It was weird I happened to be checking out their new arrivals because they are often a few weeks behind but still have nice looking special runs and I saw that d line. Then I checked the forum and saw your post.

I also have never seen them, DM never announced them as far as I know.

Would be interesting to know the story behind it.

Super weird. I think a lot of people are wanting one and I think the word would be out if they were a thing. I kinda think its a P-MD3 penned so that the P looks like a D. Plastic feel would not give it away.

I've been throwing my P-MD3 during field work, maybe 5 or 6 sessions, and the plastic is starting to feel much better. Only one tree hit when practicing some long approaches and it didn't do any damage. I haven't thrown it in a round yet, but I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be very happy I put in the time with this disc.

I've been throwing my P-MD3 during field work, maybe 5 or 6 sessions, and the plastic is starting to feel much better. Only one tree hit when practicing some long approaches and it didn't do any damage. I haven't thrown it in a round yet, but I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be very happy I put in the time with this disc.

The p-line MD3 is one of my favorite molds. The newer ones have a little different feel in the plastic and they beat in a little quicker. I have had one in the bag for about two years now and I just put in a second one a few months. I compliment the p-lines with a c-line MD3 and a c-line MD4. It is such a good midrange lineup in my opinion.

I got a factory second G* MD3 from Innova last week and threw it today - first shot was 200' and right off the pole below the basket. Parked every shot I took with it, except one that got a little too much air. It has been a long time since a disc made such a solid positive first impression on me.

I got a factory second G* MD3 from Innova last week and threw it today - first shot was 200' and right off the pole below the basket. Parked every shot I took with it, except one that got a little too much air. It has been a long time since a disc made such a solid positive first impression on me.

I had that same experience with the S-line. G-line just didn't feel as good in my hand for whatever reason, but once I threw the S-line I knew it was immediately going in my bag.

I had that same experience with the S-line. G-line just didn't feel as good in my hand for whatever reason, but once I threw the S-line I knew it was immediately going in my bag.

I bought my first G-Line discs this winter since I actually played some rounds under 40. MD3 and FD. Both were okay. A lot less stable as expected. I didn't really enjoy either off the tee above 60% power but in the field they were both good. They came out of my bag as soon as the temps got over 50. Way to soft to be consistent out of the hand at that point.

Getting a 161 - 164, and a max weight g-line. Want to start using more beadless molds for my bag, and be the first time using that plastic for a mid. I like the feel and flight from the plastic for everything else I have. Interested to see what they can do when I get my hands on them for some field work and that first round with them.

I throw an S MD3. One of my favorite discs, flies super straight with a predictable, penetrating fade. Easily my most used Mid. Smooth in hand, great for bh or fh, very very clean flight.

Since I posted that question I have put the S MD3 in my bag and haven't looked back. Same reasons you posted above. I'm definitely hoping we see an S MD4, although I really like my C-line at the moment. Did not feel the same about the C MD3.

Has anyone compared the current production runs of C MD3 and S MD3? Do they fly similar?

Has anyone compared the current production runs of C MD3 and S MD3? Do they fly similar?

I don't know what runs of C-line I have, but it seems like the flat (almost concave) ones fly less stable than the S-lines. Domey C-lines fly a little more stable to me.

I don't know what runs of C-line I have, but it seems like the flat (almost concave) ones fly less stable than the S-lines. Domey C-lines fly a little more stable to me.

In general the flatter they are the less stable they will be.

There are some really old regular glow c-lines that were flat and more overstable but those are pretty much long gone at this point (or beat up to US). I'm talking about before any of the sig series. Runs like the EO fundraisers from 2012-2014.

The best choice for Overstable and flat is now the Metal Flake run from 2016. That was the last time those were ran to my knowledge.

Since I posted that question I have put the S MD3 in my bag and haven't looked back. Same reasons you posted above. I'm definitely hoping we see an S MD4, although I really like my C-line at the moment. Did not feel the same about the C MD3.

Meh. I like the MD4 but I don't love it because I'm not generally a fan of beaded rims. MD3's microbead is about the biggest I can handle.

Hey, can someone give me a quick recap on MD3's? The old ones had a fade of 3, new has a 2... is there much difference?

I love my mako3 and have a roc3... would this fall between?or is it to much like the roc3?

Hey, can someone give me a quick recap on MD3's? The old ones had a fade of 3, new has a 2... is there much difference?

I love my mako3 and have a roc3... would this fall between?or is it to much like the roc3?

Not really but:
The numbers where simply changed, not the mold.

Yes, for me the Md3 is amazing but collides with fresh flat top roc or best to straight roc3, it however would be in my bag over a beat in roc3.

My black ink S-Md3 and my rainbow samurai both fly slightly OS with great glide and penetration, almost as far as my flat dx rocs...

Latest posts