• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Mobile Site

Do you mean for reviews themselves or the course overall? I'll add a hole # caption to the mobile site for HOTD.

At the top of the reviews page. Thanks for adding the hole # caption.

Oh, that wasn't like that on the desktop site so I didn't do it on the mobile site. The number is on the main course info tab but I can add a small number on the reviews page too.

I'm sure it will work great after a few hiccups are ironed out, but I personally despise mobile format type aesthetics AND functionality.

Already annoyed at repeatedly requesting desktop version.

I just added all the hole information to each photo when you tap to view them.

Improbably, I believe once you click "Desktop View" once, it'll save that for the rest of your browser session so you're not redirected. I can make that a cookie that is more permanent.

Praise the lawd I found the link to the desktop site! Glory be!
[wandering around in my brain]I'm still uneasy though...what if I can't find that link next time? What if I forget it's there? What if it disappears altogether? Like wow man, the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

Still getting used to it... but think I prefer the previous mobile version. I realize this probably falls into the category of "can't please all of the peaple all of the time."

It has pretty much everything on the main site but just less zooming. I'm still on the fence as far as the automatic redirect but I'm seeing how it goes for a while.

Not a fan, but it's clearly personal preference. Cookies to set mobile/desktop choice would be amaze balls. Thanks for maintaining the site!

Homescreen ok but buttons kinda out of scale on tablet

Courseview... :(
first time rolls warnings/errors
sometimes loads correctly on refresh
Samsung Galaxy Tab, chrome browser on android 6.0.1

See screenshot

Attachments

• Studio_20170202_235112.jpg
    Studio_20170202_235112.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 10
Not a fan is the most mild version of what i feel. Almost enough to push me away. Thank god there is the destop version, as well as no other site i know of that has the same number of courses to search. If there is/ was i would be done here :/ so again not a fan at all. Cookies for destop to load every time would be great!!!

Homescreen ok but buttons kinda out of scale on tablet

Courseview... :(
first time rolls warnings/errors
sometimes loads correctly on refresh
Samsung Galaxy Tab, chrome browser on android 6.0.1

See screenshot

Fixed that... sort of. It was an issue with the weather updates. I'll have to look into it further.

Clicking on the "Desktop Site" link at the bottom of the mobile site will now set a cookie on your browser that will last a year. So you shouldn't get redirected at all anymore. To "reset" the cookie, just click "DGCR Mobile" at the bottom of the desktop site and it'll delete that cookie and go back to the default behavior.

I'm starting to like the new mobile site, especially when reading reviews. The text is the perfect size for the screen, no more enlarging then scrolling side to side!

Timg - if you could check one thing, on the home screen, it displays the 5 most recent reviews, when I touch the OLDER button, it changes color to acknowledge the touch, but never changes to the next 5 reviews. Any way you can look at that so we can scroll through other reviews to read? :D

Hmm, the Older button works in Chrome. Looks like Safari is having issues. I'll take a look.

Thanks Tim! The Older button is now working on all the browsers I tried. :clap:
You're the best!!

Now, can you help me with the printer at my parent's house? :wall:

Latest posts