• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New old guy part 2

rjaco

Bogey Member
It's been a while since I posted a video, so starting a new thread. I've been playing about 2 1/2 years. I have made some improvements but think I can do better. I'm still having trouble with my back foot pointing too far backwards. Definitely going to work on that. I am still rounding some, too. In the throws from behind, I was trying to do wide rail. Not sure I accomplished it but don't think I was rounding. I was throwing putters and it's a little down hill. The last throw went pretty close to 260. What else do I need to work on? I have a local pro that's supposed to help me next week. Videos are nice but I think having someone tell/show me in person will help a little more. I do get compliments on how smooth and easy my throws look.

Rear foot is too open. It is pointing away from your target, whereas you would get more leverage if it was pointed 90º to the left of the target. To fix this, just keep your rear foot parallel to your front foot when x-stepping. It will size down the step, but that shouldn't affect distance.

Thanks lucasgg. I've been battling with my footwork ever since I posted my first video. Not sure why I have some much trouble with it but I'm going to keep working at it.

I agree with the above, your feet(and hips) are ducked out into horsestance instead of using more internal hip rotation/loading. Stride forward more feet sideways instead of turning your feet back and forth, and pivot your hips/body back and forth instead of the feet. Swing or pump the disc forward during the x-step. You are turning backward way too early and the disc is way too far behind your rear foot, so it starts accelerating forward too early.

Thanks SW. I used to do a disc pump but stopped. I'll start doing it again. I really struggle with my footwork and I know it. I'll work on slowing down and shot another video in a few weeks.

Thanks SW. I used to do a disc pump but stopped. I'll start doing it again. I really struggle with my footwork and I know it. I'll work on slowing down and shot another video in a few weeks.

I wouldn't slow down...you're going at a good pace. Just some of the things aren't working together the right way. You need to feel the dynamic balance/transfer too, and if you slow down too much that can be hard to feel.

SW22... Seems I start my back swing almost the same time I start to move forward. I watched a few videos and I think I need to start the back swing about the time my back foot plants after doing the x-step. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Slowplastic... I should have worded that differently. Meant to imply that I would work on waiting to make my back swing.

Watch the Door Frame Drill videos, I think part 3 it shows especially how to work around the disc during the X-step.