• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New player, bag suggestions

TJ461vs

I've recently taken up the game of disc golf, probably a little more than 2 months now total. I would like some help with my disc selection or any recomendations of overlap or disc I should not carry now. I mainly throw rhbh and occasionaly throw sidearm, but I am inconsistant in getting the disc not to roll over on it's side. I seem to be consistantly in the 200' to 225' range from the tee and occasionaly may strech one out a little farther or a little shorter at times. I am also starting to learn how to manuver my disc but not always succesful, but will continue working on it.

Drivers:
167g DX Valkyrie (only throw in the practice field)
173g FLX XL (only throw in the practice field)
168g Pro-D Stratus, main driver and I can sometimes throw it anny and then flattens out
175g Champion TeeBird
171g Pro Leopard
Mids:
173g Z Wasp
167g Esp Buzzz
168g Esp Meteor
Putter:
172g DX Dart (for approach shots)
175g 3s Wizard

Also own but dont carry in my bag
175g Champion Banshee
175g Channpion Wraith
175g elite-X Stratus

Any help would be appreciated

Try using some lighter weight drivers around 165 for your bag on the course. Also for gaining distance rhbh use either the four finger power grip or the bonapane grip. I have a feeling the 2nd one will feel more odd, but its much quicker to learn and see noticeable improvement imo.

Power Grip
http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/daves-tips/daves-grip-tips.html

Bonapane Grip (applies pressure on your thumb from the index finger to give a clean release that will go straight)
http://discgolfer.ning.com/forum/topics/bonapane-grip

your bag looks pretty solid for right now, learn to throw those disc backhand and sidearm, then when your 300ft or more start adding.

for now just focus on throwing as close to the ground as possible and letting the disc rip out of your hand( get a good grip and let the disc pull itself right out)

Latest posts