• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] New Player

Stofers

So i bought a driver and a putter for myself. I bought the Innova Beast and Innova Dart
I have played before but plan on playing more due to there is a course right down the road from my new apartment. I spent $10 a disk at Dicks Sporting goods, now i want to by another driver and/or putter so i have a spear for an extra player. You think that a good deal or anyone know where i can get some cheap spears.

Try the market place here. Its a great place to find slightly used discs. Stay away from your beast. I would try a Teebird or an Eagle.

Try the market place here. Its a great place to find slightly used discs. Stay away from your beast. I would try a Teebird or and Eagle.

Yep, those are good discs if you shop online. If you are only limited to in-store, go with speeds around 6 or 7 for a bit (tour Beast is a 10). Sadly, a lot of big box stores don't sell beginner-friendly discs.

Disc...not disk. Also if you want to buy a spear, go to the fishing section :p buying discs at Dick's means you are paying too much. EVERYONE is cheaper.

Go with a safe easy to throw mid or fairway driver.

Also I would like to add read up! There is tons of info to improve your game here at DGCR.

Dick's will have Star Makos, as slow, stable mid-range that i found good for me as a noob. Also a Leopard or Cheetah will be about all you should be messing with right now. I have messed with all sorts of putters, but i keep carrying my DX Dart. It just feels and throws great.

www.discgolfvalues.com is a good place to buy disc and bags etc....., also i find some deals on ebay. the shark is a good overall disc, one of my favorites. i almost always use it for my second shot on any given hole. good luck. get out there and play and have fun.

I'm a fellow newbie. Been purchasing my discs on http://www.discgolfcenter.com/. Prices seem pretty good to me, and the selection is awesome.

As far as a newbie disc, I've been using a Skeeter, and have found it pretty user-friendly.

I'd say a leopard would be a good disc for you, also perhaps check your local play it again sports for some reasonably priced used discs.

So i bought a driver and a putter for myself. I bought the Innova Beast and Innova Dart
I have played before but plan on playing more due to there is a course right down the road from my new apartment. I spent $10 a disk at Dicks Sporting goods, now i want to by another driver and/or putter so i have a spear for an extra player. You think that a good deal or anyone know where i can get some cheap spears.

*Spare
Learn your grammar, son.

welsome to dgcr.....have fun and try to learn a thing or two from some of these guys....i suggest dx teebirds a buzzz and a wizard....that's my opinion and what i've started multiple players out with..

You should try a Latitude 64 Diamond. And a Buzzz. And not a dart. :) But hi! Welcome!

Stick with mid ranges for now until you can throw them 250-300 ft. then worry about drivers. I suggest a buzz or stingray or both. If your dead set on getting a driver make sure its a fairway driver like a cheetah or leopard

I just bought a Star Mako from Dick's and so far I really like it. I know it says 2+ years playing, but I took a year and a half off... so I feel like I am starting all over again.