• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Prodigy Bags - Some Assembly Required?!

frasnow

Eagle Member
Why? Why? Why? Why? :wall:

I just can't fathom why Prodigy would do this. The added cost for the zippers. The complexity of the install. :doh:

They are probably easier to sew without the stiffeners so the sweatshops can crank more bags out in less time. It must offset the cost of extra zippers or they wouldn't have done it. They can also be folded into a much smaller package for shipping from China. Prodigy is like everyone else, they are NOT manufacturers, they are importers. They tell the Chinese what they want, and the Chinese do it whichever way makes them the most money, so if anyone has a problem with this bag, blame China not Prodigy.

They are probably easier to sew without the stiffeners so the sweatshops can crank more bags out in less time. It must offset the cost of extra zippers or they wouldn't have done it. They can also be folded into a much smaller package for shipping from China. Prodigy is like everyone else, they are NOT manufacturers, they are importers. They tell the Chinese what they want, and the Chinese do it whichever way makes them the most money, so if anyone has a problem with this bag, blame China not Prodigy.

Prodigy did have the option to say no thanks, and to find a different manufacturer.

I also note they disabled comments for these two videos, but not others on their channel. It's like they knew it was a bad decision.

Looks pretty easy...? Other companies have similar inserts. Ordering a backpack through the mail and expecting it to come with rigid structure is probably a reach in most cases.

Looks pretty easy...? Other companies have similar inserts. Ordering a backpack through the mail and expecting it to come with rigid structure is probably a reach in most cases.

I had never seen this before, so I'm surprised to see you say other companies do this. Which ones? Disc Golf companies? My Upper Park Designs bags came fully assembled.

I had never seen this before, so I'm surprised to see you say other companies do this. Which ones? Disc Golf companies? My Upper Park Designs bags came fully assembled.

They all have these inserts. They are just installed at the factory in most bags. But They are there.

As for the new prodigy bags putting the inserts in is quick and easy. Saving you money off the final price.

Being able to ship in smaller boxes will also greatly decrease the ecological impact.

presentation could have be jazzed up a bit. zero brand enthusiasm noted. director / writer went for very sterile.

Yep the Discraft brand backpack bags the Tournament model is one people have to put togther as is the Innova Discovery as my brother saw. so I know at least two disc golf backpack bags one has to put togther. The Discover does not take much time to put togther as a bag as my brother found out however the U shape thing is what gives that bag some rigidity and not some big stiff things.

Pretty soon there will be more different back pack bags than there are molds...

i put a bp2v3 together in 5 mins. i watched vids before it came but its not rocket science unless you have no internet

i put a bp2v3 together in 5 mins. i watched vids before it came but its not rocket science unless you have no internet

so i thought the bp2v3 was too small for the amount of discs and went with the bp1v3 and its ok but the bottom hits your lower back, the shoulder straps arent enough for the weight it carries. the side pockets with just a magnetic hold always worry me and arent water proof.

OVerall, ill probably try the bp2v3 again, but i wouldnt recommend the bp1v3. Its not terrible but bottom piece of plastic that acts as a flat bottom with 2 rails digs in your back too much.

also i dont need that many discs, it is nice and roomy and if you were to use it for a backup bag it wouldnt be the worst but its kinda expensive to have sitting around

My early Grip bag came without the panels installed.

Installing these panels is a non-issue.....you have to do it once in the bags entire life