• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] New putter help

b-ry

So i have a r-pro aviar and is way too soft and seems to just flop down when i throw it. Through the recommendations of friends tried a champion rhyno. I like the feel but would like a little more tack to it instead of the slippery feel of champion. As well a disc with LESS fade.

To summarize feel and stiffneas of a champion rhyno with more grip and a lot less fade thanks.

Pro rhyno if you like the feel and the way they put. I just left the soft Rhynos after 10 years and went to a medium pure from lattidue

My first thought was a Champion Aviar, which is a lot more firm. I personally don't have grip issues with it, but you might if you don't like Champion..

Lat 64's Classic (Hard) plastic is very firm (I like the Warden and Judge in Zero Hard), and Dynamic Discs' Zero Hard is the same (the Pure in Zero Hard is awesome).

The McPro Aviar is very stiff plastic, but they're not easy to acquire (must get through Proshop, and they're out of stock right now). I'm not personally familiar with KC Pro plastic other than holding it in the store, but many here say it's nice and stiff.

Lots of putter choices out there. Find what feels best for you and go with it.

^ yea putters are definitely a personal decision. My advice is, if you have a decent disc shop in your area, go feel some putters up, before you decide.

I know its all preference i use a couple discs that friends cant stand. Juat looking to get pointed in the right direction.

I just was looking for a guide towards a rhyno shape with less fade.
Thanks everyone

Keep em coming i appreciate them all will definitely be checking out a few suggestions.

^ yea putters are definitely a personal decision. My advice is, if you have a decent disc shop in your area, go feel some putters up, before you decide.

Try the Discraft challenger. That's what I throw. I'll be honest as far as putters go I find the soft ones like the soft magnet don't fade as much for me.

I did find that my dynamic disk truth works well as a putter when I'm close to the basket and need a fast laser beam to the basket especially if there is a wind.

With molds I already throw, I almost always buy online. If I'm curious about a new mold it's great to head over to PIAS and put my hands on everything. If a disc doesn't feel right in your hand then the flight doesn't matter.

You can grab McPro Aviars in some pro shops too, if there's one nearby. Call them to check, maybe. Pricey, but I like em.

I second the Pure, if you want less fade. Best if you can feel the different plastics...

If its out there a Rhyno like shaped disc with a tack feel stiff and less fade than a Rhyno.

It doesn't take long for DX Rhynos to fly straight at low power. Just buy one where the stamp is largely faded and it should be where you want it.

There are very few putters that are Rhyno shaped in my opinion. The thumbtrack just makes it a completely different feel. The Pure is a great putter though, and closer in stability to an Aviar. Otherwise, If you like the thumbtrack, just beat up a Rhyno.

Latest posts