• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Rit Formula = No Dying Discs

Well, I am going to learn to dye discs, so after absorbing as much information from this forum as I could... I went out in search of Rit Dye. This is what I found at my local Joann Fabrics.
picture.php

I was able to find 3 Liquid Dyes in old packaging with no ND ~Black (woohoo) 33506, Rose Pink 32408, and Purple with no number but it did have a 2006 copyright~ and then 2 Powder Dyes in old style packages ~Tangerine and Dark Green~ and then boxes of Black and Pearl Grey with new packaging and 2009 copyrights with no other markings on the actual powder package but *color* and *color number*. I am pretty sure I scored on the 5 old packaging dyes, but the two new boxes concern me because I didn't have enough time to search them at the store, I just picked grabbed them because of the '09 copyright. There are no lot number markings on the box or the bag of powder, did I do alright in picking them up?

Last edited:
Just an FYI, new Black (powder) works like a charm!!!!!

th_IMG_20110803_203837.jpg

BEWARE not all new black works. They were transitioning in the new formula on the boxes marked with numbers ending in 11. Remember that you must open the box of powder and check the wrapping for the ND marking.
ND = NO DICE

BEWARE not all new black works. They were transitioning in the new formula on the boxes marked with numbers ending in 11. Remember that you must open the box of powder and check the wrapping for the ND marking.
ND = NO DICE

Where on the packaging will you find the numbers? I have bought 6 or 7 Black in the last few weeks and all have been good.

I've been trying to find the numbers that everyone is talking about, but I haven't seen it

Its stamped on the end of the boxes

The boxes I've looked at have it on the flap of the box

The stamped numbers aren't printed on the box. They are embossed or something such as that and can be difficult to see. Check the flap of the box as mentioned above and it should be there unless it is really old stuff.

Just dyed my first disc last night using black liquid rit batch # 02610 and no nd on bottle just thought I would let you guys know

After reading thru most of this, I think I may have found a secret stash!
I'll check this out next weekend, and, if the #'s are good, I'll list them (I plan on buying all that they have!). I know for a fact that the Pearl gray is good. Some of the other colors were tan, dark green, tangerine, and scarlett, just to mention a few.

:popcorn:

After reading thru most of this, I think I may have found a secret stash!
I'll check this out next weekend, and, if the #'s are good, I'll list them (I plan on buying all that they have!). I know for a fact that the Pearl gray is good. Some of the other colors were tan, dark green, tangerine, and scarlett, just to mention a few.

I'd be in for a box or two of pearl gray, it's the big gap missing in jaquard's dyes. Got a decent stock of other rit colors, but low on pearl gray, kinda wish I hadn't bought all this rit, now I'm stocking up on the iDye colors.

I'd be in for a box or two of pearl gray, it's the big gap missing in jaquard's dyes. Got a decent stock of other rit colors, but low on pearl gray, kinda wish I hadn't bought all this rit, now I'm stocking up on the iDye colors.

So does that mean you want to get rid of some of your rit dye?:)

It depend on how much they have that is useable.

It's all usable good dye, just picked up older stuff here and there from around town, ended up with a decent stash. But I prefer the jaquard idye, the color is much better and higher quality than rit, after using it I really have no desire to use rit again unless I have to.