• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to Syracuse, NY [looking for league info]

Dude... you have no idea. I'm missing Ellison, Parma, Chili, and Basil like crazy. All amazing courses with much different feels to them. I lived in Williamson, where a course was just installed last year biking distance from my house, cutting my drive to the closest course from 25 minutes to 5.

Not to mention the DG community and the three guys I played with regularly.

Thanks for rubbing it in, though! :(

Hoping to have a similar experience here as I get to know the courses and get connected to the disc golf community.

Ha.

I like MCC apple farm too. Rochester is very lucky conduits not a very big city.

Don't feel too bad about the Williamson course. They've only mowed it once this summer. The back nine is unbearable if anyone in your group isn't pro level accurate with drives. The grass is so f'n nuts. Super high and gives you an automatic rash.

Ha.

I like MCC apple farm too. Rochester is very lucky considering it's not a very big city.

Don't feel too bad about the Williamson course. They've only mowed it once this summer. The back nine is unbearable if anyone in your group isn't pro level accurate with drives. The grass is so f'n nuts. Super high and gives you an automatic rash.

*Considering it's

Ha.

I like MCC apple farm too. Rochester is very lucky conduits not a very big city.

Yeah, I heard they didn't realize they let the grass grow super long and then give it to a local farmer... or something like that.

Good call on Apple Farm and MCC. Gold course at MCC is legit. Way to make it worse! :p

No prob

MCC gold is super fun but the black course is...weird. hole two, my god.

I was told the farmer mows twice a year but I have a bunch of friends that won't play there anymore. It was like a tour of duty in Vietnam.

TC3 Panther in Dryden, just south of Cortland, or Highlands in Auburn are great if you live between Syracuse and Ithaca. I live in Oswego and there is nothing within 35 min. Uggh. Syracuse and Rochester folk have it made. No complaining allowed from dem folks.

timg. Yes Emerson.
Oswego/Fulton area really needs a DG coarse.:wall:
Love Clay and now they have 18 more on the same property. Talk about DG meca. Good job DGer's there busting there butts to get DG and maintaining the coarse.

Played Williamson in August. I thought I was in the "Feild of Dreams" movie when I went into the tall grass to look for my errant shots on the back 9. I think we lost 2 discs. No joke grass up to your chest and itchy.
Front 9 was fine. Would play that 2x if the grass is tall again.

I moved from Rochester to Colorado. I now live in a toy box full of amazing destination courses, but the Rochester courses are just better golf. Parma, Chili and Basil are all top notch in their own different ways, I miss them all......

We are lucky here

Played Williamson in August. I thought I was in the "Feild of Dreams" movie when I went into the tall grass to look for my errant shots on the back 9. I think we lost 2 discs. No joke grass up to your chest and itchy.
Front 9 was fine. Would play that 2x if the grass is tall again.

Yeah. It's pretty horrible. I saw one guy come out with a rash after 5 min.

It's a shame that such a nice course is basically trash.

Latest posts