• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the forum

ILackDiscance

Bogey Member
Hey guys, I've made a few posts here in the past couple weeks. But never introduced myself..

I'm in the North Florida (Jacksonville) region, and just recently picked up Disc Golf. Love the great tips you guys all give. Between this and [plug] the Disc Golf Answerman, I've learned a lot since I started playing in January.

Some Background:

I've recently decided to throw MAINLY Discraft, not because of brand loyalty, or because of any certain pros. But because my first BOMB drive was with a Discraft Surge, that I had found. And the first midrange my wife bought me was a buzzz. So needless to say I became hooked to Discrafts Titanium and Z plastics, and seem to understand their stability ratings better.

I know you guys mostly throw mixed bags... just wanted to side note, that I bag a DX Cobra, Champ Boss, Star Destroyer, and Yeti Pro Aviar, DG Tsunami, Moonshine Westside King, and a Dynamic Discs Trespass, along with my Discraft discs.

But end back up using my Nuke Stalker Buzzz, and Challenger on most holes.

Last edited:
The Z Buzzz is a great disc that may never leave your bag.

I'd suggest getting some fairways drivers in there. You'd be amazed how far a Teebird can fly compared to all those high speed drivers you're carrying.

That's where the Stalker comes in! It's a 7 speed fairway driver. It goes so straight, and I'm able to hyzer flip it with ease.

soon, i'll be posting my final bag, I've really thought and mulled over the different molds i'll be using. My two high speed drivers in my final bag will be my Nuke, and (I want to eventually work up to ) a Force

but as for a complete list of my most used fairways, I have the Stalker, Tracker, and Predator all in my bag, and i'm slowly learning and moving up according to Discraft's stability ratings.

so Stalker (1.1) ---> Tracker (1.8)---> Predator (2.5)

Last edited:
Welcome. I'll echo the Fariway driver sentiment. I threw for years before I bagged anything faster than 7 speed. Although I didn't have DGCR as a resource. Good call on seeking advice early, I'd guess that your game will progress much faster than mine did if you take the solid advice to heart.

Lol i have this beat up old buzz-d that i dont even really use anymore but that thing will hit the chains every time, no matter who throws it... :D

Latest posts