• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Travel Tags

Which tag style do you prefer?

• Full color Acrylic

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Acrylic with a simplified design

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Metal with a simplified design

Votes: 28 60.9%

• Total voters

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I'm probably going to go with one of the Paragon tags although I just emailed DD to see if I could get a sample bag tag from them to see what it looks like. So the options are a full color acrylic tag similar to the existing tags bug thicker (the blue one in the pic), a clear acrylic tag with a simplified design (I'd probably get clear orange acrylic), or a metal tag with a simplified design (I'm thinking green or orange).

DD has photo quality printing on their tags but I'm not sure how durable they are or if they have something that will delaminate, etc. Anyway, do you guys have any preference?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150204_142700.jpg
    20150204_142700.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 319
Considering these are going to be multi-year tags, I would aim for durability and go with the metal (albeit I don't know how acrylic tags compare as I've never had one).

Even on those, there's a tendency for the tags to fade. Try to go with a design where the numbers are prominent and large like the one on the acrylic tag pictured.

I simply prefer metal... I handle enough plastic as it is.

Metal and acrylic going head to head, I'm surprised. I'm pretty sure the metal won't rust and it looks like I'll need to come up with a new travel tag design :)

I prefer the design detail of the one on the right, the one in the middle looks *yawn* like any other bag tag, but depending on how intricate of a design, or even something simple and smooth that pops, a metal tag could pretty well.

Basically what I'm looking for is something unique, maybe even slightly flashy, that will grab the attention of other people and either say "hey what's that?" or "hey, I have one of them, that guy know's what's up, I need to meet him and swap tags", I see something like the center one getting lost in a key ring of bag tags.

The one on the right would end up looking something like this:

2013_dgcr_traveltag-front.jpg

I think for me it's between the metal and the full color one that pops as Martin said. The only thing I'm worried about with the full color tags is fading over time where the metal obviously wouldn't have that issue.

I prefer the design detail of the one on the right, the one in the middle looks *yawn* like any other bag tag, but depending on how intricate of a design, or even something simple and smooth that pops, a metal tag could pretty well.

Basically what I'm looking for is something unique, maybe even slightly flashy, that will grab the attention of other people and either say "hey what's that?" or "hey, I have one of them, that guy know's what's up, I need to meet him and swap tags", I see something like the center one getting lost in a key ring of bag tags.

Agree with Martin :thmbup:

So the metal tags could look something like this which I just threw together... I believe the engraving on the blue ones is white.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• metal_tag_1.gif
    metal_tag_1.gif
    64 KB · Views: 151
  • metal_tag_2.gif
    metal_tag_2.gif
    66.4 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
I don't think I'd be disappointed with any.

For some reason I seem to like the clear acrylic the most. I just want whatever is going to stand up to the elements the best.

The clear acrylic has just been sitting on my desk for a little over a week and it's already showing lots of little scratches... maybe it was from the shipping process, I'm not sure. Regardless, the metal and the normal printed one aren't scratched so I think it's between those two for me.

My only concern with the full color one is will it fade over time in the sun since these tags will see a lot of sun and I want them to last. Which sort of narrows it down to just the metal tags.

As I said, whatever looks like it will stand up to the test of time.

I think that scratch resistance should be a bigger concern than fading in the sun. Lots of players have 3 or more tags hanging on the same key ring on their bag. Those are constantly sliding and scraping against each other. I will say that, the "pop" of the full color is hard to deny and isn't the point for other players to notice your (TimG) tag on their bag? We're all just advertizing for you right? :D

I have had all 3 of these types of tags on my bag for a few years and here's what they are like...

Clear Acrylic- Looks great at first but after a few years on my bag the constant motion has developed wear patterns that make it look like a white piece of plastic, The Logo and number are not very visible.

Metal (anodized aluminum) The color will wear off in some places but if the logo and number are engraved the visibility problem is not an issue. And you can always custom color them with a sharpie if you want.

Opaque Color Acrylic- The most durable for looks and wear. Wear patterns like the clear but the logo and number are not affected very much.

Latest posts