• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New trilogy challenge

Here are the discs they have announced:

•Westside Discs Recycled Tournament Sampo
•Dynamic Discs BioFuzion Evidence
•Latitude 64 Zero Medium Macana

In Finnish mythology, the Sampo was a magical artifact of indeterminate type constructed by Ilmarinen that brought good fortune to its holder. When the Sampo was stolen, it is said that Ilmarinen's homeland fell upon hard times and he sent an expedition to retrieve it, but in the ensuing battle it was smashed and lost at sea.

Sampo is a Finnish icebreaker built in 1960 in Helsinki and now stationed in Kemi. The Sampo has a long and distinguished service record. The massive vessel, which was completed in 1961, was built to operate in extreme arctic conditions.

…I like shampooing better

All of Westside's discs are named after characters or scenes from the Kalevala, a Finish creation/epic myth. Sampo is literally a good luck charm from that story. Though Fntsygamr gave the more thorough answer. Also, if anyone is wondering, Seppo Ilmarinen (creator of the Sampo) is known as the Northman, you know, the guy with the anvil.

I would enjoy another Trilogy challenge. This time though we need some bright colored discs. Our card spent most of the time looking for the brown-green Claymore and grass green Thief in a heavy undergrowth Oregon forest.

Did they send those things to everyone? I think 75% of our Claymores were that stupid brown-green color. Worst disc color ever.

Did they send those things to everyone? I think 75% of our Claymores were that stupid brown-green color. Worst disc color ever.

I played in three trilogy events last year. The colors of the discs did vary, though not too much. I have a lime green, blue and grass green Thief. Orange, copper and brown Claymore. Grey, white and blue Shield. There really wasn't much color variation to any of the discs last year. I did know that the TD's for each of the events had some bright colors on a few of their discs...so, I am sure those went fast to the "cool" people and not the participants.

Last year I got nice colors, blue, orange and red. I did see those army green ones though.

Thiefs over, Claymores under.
Tricamo_zpsmu91vlkf.jpg

Some other colors.
Triother_zps5c6yj5dk.jpg

I did know that the TD's for each of the events had some bright colors on a few of their discs...so, I am sure those went fast to the "cool" people and not the participants.

Right? I got there early in line hoping to choose... Nope. Just give the discs off the top of the pile. But did see the nice bright colors set aside or being thumbed by the TD's friends/assistants.

Our trilogy challenge disc were terrible besides the shields. Orange blue and pink. But only like 3 blue and 25 0pink. Our theif and claymore were mossy green. Faded red and grey or brownish orange. The perk of being a td is getting to pick your disc first. Other then that. The only disc we held for people, were the people who lent us extra baskets or who got their early to help us set up. Which is how we have done most of our events. Help us set up and we look after you. There is a lot of work putting some of these events on

Our TD great, just set out the stacks of discs and let people choose the ones they wanted. I was there early and got nice ones.

Our TD great, just set out the stacks of discs and let people choose the ones they wanted. I was there early and got nice ones.

This is the only way to do it, IMO. Let the early birds reap the rewards. I did this for the Trilogy Challenge I ran and it is the only tournament I've ever run where nearly everyone was checked in a good hour before start time. The only two stragglers who weren't there by 8:30 (9:30 start) got there at about 9:05.

Made for an extremely smooth and actually relaxing day for me. Tough to relax as a TD until at least the day after an event.

The Theif we got in max weight was a terrible green that we had trouble finding in an open field (my dumbass kid picked that one). Otherwise they had blue and red. Claymore was orange, and the mini was pink. I love Lat64 pink discs, the color really pops.

Latest posts