• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] New Westside Discs in 2017?

The Ahti look really cool, the fortress is a little clunky though. Wonder how it will differ from the Sampo?

The Pine looks pretty cool too. I don't know if I need a mid that is less stable than the Bard, but I but it is a bit longer.

I like the big fish the Ahti guy has. Also I'm pretty sure that's not a pine tree...

Also. All I've heard about the Pine is that it's between the Bard and Warship, and it's beadless. Beefy Buzzz/Nebula ?

I actually came across a picture of a scots pine looking at trees for my yard a while back, and I think that's what it is. A quick google search says that those are indeed common in Finland.

Otherwise, most Americans' response to that picture is "that doesn't look like a pine tree". :D

Attachments

• scots.jpg
    scots.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 65
Liking the look of the Fortress. If the numbers hold true, this will slot between my Escape's and Giant's. Is the Fortress Westside Discs true attempt at the PD slot??

I like the big fish the Ahti guy has. Also I'm pretty sure that's not a pine tree...

Also. All I've heard about the Pine is that it's between the Bard and Warship, and it's beadless. Beefy Buzzz/Nebula ?

Stamp looks like broccoli. :\

But if Westside's Pine is like a Nebula I'm definitely getting wood. :|

Picked up a 178 Pine and threw it around a bit. First impressions are that this is the beefy warship I've been seeking. I was really seeing a lot more distance than I was expecting. I love the way the pine feels in the hand. Flight is similar to an Emac Truth but with a very different feel. I really dig it so far. This will pair great with a warships or a sling.

Could be a good less stable Bard too? Or are they too close?

It is a good less overstable bard. It seems to fly straighter for longer and the fade is very smooth and forward. It has more of a fairway driver/tweener feel in the hand and in flight compared to the bard. The profile sort of looks like a smooshed down Bard. I'll post a profile comparison when I get a chance.

It's also less overstable than a verdict. For me, it goes right in to the stable Roc workhorse mid slot in my bag. I've always been hunting for for the most OS warships I could find. No more. It's here. For you moose, it may be laser straight to slow turnover out of the box.

20170617_175224.jpg

Blue bard on the left, orange pine on the right.

20170617_193342.jpg

Yellow warship on the left. Pine on the right. The profile looks very similar to the warship but its slightly more blunt and the top is a little different. It does indeed look like a beefier warship.

It is a good less overstable bard. It seems to fly straighter for longer and the fade is very smooth and forward. It has more of a fairway driver/tweener feel in the hand and in flight compared to the bard. The profile sort of looks like a smooshed down Bard. I'll post a profile comparison when I get a chance.

It's also less overstable than a verdict. For me, it goes right in to the stable Roc workhorse mid slot in my bag. I've always been hunting for for the most OS warships I could find. No more. It's here. For you moose, it may be laser straight to slow turnover out of the box.
It looks good, I may wait until people start wanting to trade their TT discs to try one, but since I use Bards as my main mid it could be nice to have something that complements in on the less stable end.

Thanks for the pics too!

I agree with everyone saying the Pine is noticeably less overstable than the Bard. This is not a replacement, but a compliment to the Bard. It does fit right in between the Bard and Warship for me, but I could see myself just going Bard - Pine as my Pine(s) get more beat in.

I agree with everyone saying the Pine is noticeably less overstable than the Bard. This is not a replacement, but a compliment to the Bard. It does fit right in between the Bard and Warship for me, but I could see myself just going Bard - Pine as my Pine(s) get more beat in.

Absolutley. I will say that I feel like the Warship nets more pure distance than either the Bard or the Pine. I really enjoyed the Pine...much more than the Sling, that's for sure. Westside is developing a pretty solid mid range line-up, that's for sure.

They came out with origio Tursas, Sling and Warship... When will we get Origio Bards?!

Latest posts