• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Whamo disc, not approved for DG but............

Billym

Eagle Member
Today I bought a very flippy soft rubbery Champ like disc at target; Whamo Soft Catch. No not the ring this is brand spankin new.
Whamo is located in Emeryville CA. I share a zip code in Oakland with Emeryville. Maybe a limited release.
I cannot find this disc online but I bought it at Target in Albany (Berkeley) Ca.
I have seen one before in the hands of a local DGer who has some association with WO.
It is about the same diameter as a putter. Looks a little like a Roc on the underside (not exactly but close) It has finger grooves on top but 5 thumb grooves instead is the ring like Discraft's GT discs.
Not a true golf disc but at midnight on a dark street.....it hits your neighbor's car...no foul......I love this disc...$5.99 of fun.
Whamo just invented the Urban DG disc like the Wiffle Ball.
Or a least added a new option.
This thing is fun. I just spent an hour tossing this into all of my neighbor's yards, cars, houses...no one woke up not even the dogs.
It needs a lot of hyzer and a soft release to fly super straight for 100 feet but still a great disc IMO.
Too bad it was made in China. Hey Whamo make it in Emeryville.
Look for it.
Yey disc even if they are not for golf; yet.
Sorry no pics yet.

I've played many an urban disc golf round when I lived downtown here in Columbia. I used a blowfly and after I lost the blowfly on the roof of the missouri theatre, I started using a ching juju. Both discs will never see an actual course again but they work great for urban disc.

Latest posts