• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new WISCONSIN tourney/course!!!

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Just a heads up for you Wisconsin/midwest players.

Next week (3/14) there is a tourney in Pewaukee, WI:Western Lakes Open - C-Tier.

The reason I am posting is this is because this course did not exist a week ago. This past week Terry Miller and a few of us went out to the Western Lakes golf course and were allowed to design an 18 hole course for use in the tourney. The remarkable thing is that this may be the best and most diverse and challenging course there is in Wisconsin, if only for a few days. Extreme elevation changes, water hazards, sand traps(OB), trees, bombers, technical, creeks, just so diverse and challenging. We threw it without baskets while designing and had a blast. Even had a 30 minute ice disc retrieval. I imagine all ice will be melted and the many water holes will claim a few dozen discs.

Baskets hopefully go up Friday and will be in for two days. I would say that this tourney is a must play if only for the fact that this course may be gone after.

Contact Terry Miller @ [email protected] with any questions. Tell him Tomjulio sent ya.

Im excited I sent my entry in the other day.