• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hidden Ridge DGC - N.KY Private Course

InnocentCrook

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Happy to announce that after 4+ years of construction, Hidden Ridge DGC is just about ready to officially "open". End of April or early May would be my conservative guess. We're having an invite only event on 4/20/18 but should open quickly thereafter.

-We have one hole (#9) left to complete, but for the most part the course is constructed and playable, just dodge the few brush piles that are still hanging around. ;)
-The course is a bit rough around the edges, mostly due to being so new and on pretty rugged terrain. I expect it to keep getting better as time and traffic advance.
-The tee pads are currently natural but we should be upgrading to packed gravel/carpet over the coming year.
-There's a few holes that have temp baskets (Mach2's or DisCatcher Sports), but we'll be assembling the last few Pro DisCatchers and installing them in short order.

If you like water (8/18 holes have water in play), tons of elevation, or just want a secluded disc golf course then I think Hidden Ridge will be right in your wheelhouse. I cut my disc golf teeth on some of Cincy's best courses like Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild. You'll likely see shades of those courses at Hidden Ridge as I was shooting for a design that was somewhere in the middle of those. High blue level mostly, gold in some areas.

This project has been the largest I've ever undertaken either personally or professionally. There were tons of times where it felt like it would never get done. Over the last year I've hosted almost a dozen work days and have had a good number of volunteers show up to lend a hand.(Including some fellow DGCR folks.) Without their help (you know who you are), the course would not be what it is and I couldn't be more thankful.

Feel free to ask questions regarding the course in this thread. (Or shoot me a PM) I'll post updates in here from time to time regarding work days, events, or course updates. If you want a peek into the trials and tribulations of this whole adventure (and several other folks') I'd recommend the Executing the Dream thread. My story starts with post #396.

Course page:Hidden Ridge DGC

FYI, the course location is listed as the most likely interstate exit you'd take to get here. Final directions are given when you make a reservation. Camping will be available on a limited basis.

9af0e998.jpg

Was just looking at the course directory map, man I wish there was another bridge over the river near me. It would take me about 30min to get to this course. 25miles or so away but would probably be over an hour to get there after driving 20 miles in the wrong direction to get to a bridge...

Last edited:
Thanks fellas! I hope to see you all out here some time or another.

Looks like my cohort (bro-in-law) and I will be having a little impromptu work day this evening. Hole 3 is gonna get a haircut and we'll be opening up the line a bit by removing a few dead ash trees.

After tonight only holes 9 and 11 should need cleanup.

I have a suspicion that all the hard work is going to reward me with...more hard work.

But of course.

But every once in while, you'll decide to shirk duty and play, and that will be sweet.

The real reward comes with the chance to share, and to meet disc golfers, many from faraway places you'd never meet, otherwise.

And the compulsion to make it a good experience for them will lead to.....more work.

I have a suspicion that all the hard work is going to reward me with...more hard work.

Spring and summer are probably going to be busy times for you in the years to come but, outside of the occasional and expected storm clean up, October thru March...

...Its Miller time.;):D

I was just looking at the course page and it doesn't say anything about greens fees? Also, have you given thought about letting the club run a ccs there or doing events yourself? I know that would probably be more of a in the future thing but was just wondering...

I was just looking at the course page and it doesn't say anything about greens fees? Also, have you given thought about letting the club run a ccs there or doing events yourself? I know that would probably be more of a in the future thing but was just wondering...

Donations only for the time being.

I'm hoping to have a couple events some time this year but haven't decided what/when. Parking could be a challenge, but I think we could come up with some ideas.

Really just want to see how this year goes and then take it from there. That said, a future CCS that included HR and that future Verona course that's yet to begin construction could make for a really fun day of golf.

Donations only for the time being.

I'm hoping to have a couple events some time this year but haven't decided what/when. Parking could be a challenge, but I think we could come up with some ideas.

Really just want to see how this year goes and then take it from there. That said, a future CCS that included HR and that future Verona course that's yet to begin construction could make for a really fun day of golf.

BYOPs are always a good place to start. Keep it easy with 2 divisions Pro/Am with semi low entry fees/payouts so people don't get riled up about baggers and whatnot.

Or maybe something like they do at Cabin Creek. A $5 singles round in the morning and random dubs in the afternoon.

Too bad 4th of July isn't on the weekend this year...;)

https://www.facebook.com/Hidden-Ridge-DGC-226789674859104/

If you're on Facebook, here's a link to the HRDGC page.

If you're not doing anything Saturday, we're having a work day which should get us to 18 completed holes.

9-4pm, lunch provided. We usually work until lunch, break to eat, then throw. With enough help this weekend we may have time to play the entire course, maybe setup some random dubs.

Latest posts