• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hidden Ridge DGC - N.KY Private Course

Umm... You guys ok down there? Looks like that red blob with the tornado warning is right on top of you...

Reckon I'll find out when I get home today.

I was already on my way to getting my kids to preschool and heading in to work. There was a Tornado warning when I dropped them off, so they went straight to the school basement.

Damn! I guess I am going to NC a little too early! (leaving WI 4/5)....

I was able to play here on my trip and it was fantastic.

Just a really fun, balanced course. I'm excited to play it again down the road and see how it's changed. I'm sure it will only get more amazinger.

Thanks for letting me play and showing me around the place!

My favorite holes were 5, 7, 10, 12, and 14.

I really want another shot at 7 bc I had to pitch to the fairway up the hill both rounds....really wanted to 3 that.

I was able to play here on my trip and it was fantastic.

Just a really fun, balanced course. I'm excited to play it again down the road and see how it's changed. I'm sure it will only get more amazinger.

Thanks for letting me play and showing me around the place!

My favorite holes were 5, 7, 10, 12, and 14.

I really want another shot at 7 bc I had to pitch to the fairway up the hill both rounds....really wanted to 3 that.

Appreciate the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it. Your favorites are some of my favorites too.

You timed your trip perfectly for the blooming redbuds on #5. I can't get enough of those tree in the Spring.

The crux of hole 7 really seams to be the tee shot. If you get through the 2 "goalpost" maples and up to the top of the ridge you usually have a decent look at a clean approach where a good shot puts you in place for a 3. (Don't feel bad, I think I've only done it once.)

10 might be my overall favorite though because despite the length (600ish) and elevation, 80' down, 30-40 back up, you can see the basket through all of it. Getting a 3 on your first crack at it is pretty strong in my opinion.

12 is a tough par 3, but everyone seems to enjoy it. We plan on getting the fire pit out of the fairway and moving it a bit closer to the road. This was left over from the previous owner.

14 may have been the thickest fairway we cut. Just relentless honeysuckle, briars, and dead ash. I enjoy the tee shot quite bit, especially when it's pulled off clean and you can get up near the ravine leaving a manageable approach.

Look forward to you stopping by in the future. Bring your buddies!

Remember, port-o-potty coming Friday 4/19, camping (primitive) available afterwards.

The crux of hole 7 really seams to be the tee shot. If you get through the 2 "goalpost" maples and up to the top of the ridge you usually have a decent look at a clean approach where a good shot puts you in place for a 3. (Don't feel bad, I think I've only done it once.)

10 might be my overall favorite though because despite the length (600ish) and elevation, 80' down, 30-40 back up, you can see the basket through all of it. Getting a 3 on your first crack at it is pretty strong in my opinion.

Yeah, on 7 I was up the hill but too far right first round, then knocked down 2/3 of the way up on the second. Tough placement there to get a good line at the pin.

Hole 10 I threw a "better" shot on round 2 when I took a 5. Just missed my spot and hit the tree on the left, which left me in jail. First round I just kind of got lucky and landed on the hill in front of short tee in a spot where I had a clean line to the pin.

I also want to play hole 3 again because it looks so easy but I went 4, 3 on it.

Put two more of the permanent DisCatchers in this past weekend bringing the total up to 14. The remaining holes have Mach 2's (holes 3, 14, 16) and a DisCatcher Sport (Hole 11).

Matt (bro-in-law) got a bunch of weedeating done on holes 5, 14, 15, and 16 this past Thursday evening. Most all of the course that requires it has been mowed within the last week.

We're still in peak redbud bloom but that should be fading this week I'm guessing.

Work day this Saturday 5/18 9am-4pm. Usually work until lunch, eat, then throw a bit.

June work day already scheduled for 6/22, same time.

PM for details or if you're on facebook just look up Hidden Ridge DGC and check the events.

Work day this Saturday 5/18 9am-4pm. Usually work until lunch, eat, then throw a bit.

June work day already scheduled for 6/22, same time.

PM for details or if you're on facebook just look up Hidden Ridge DGC and check the events.

You should get ahold of Joe Javins and see if he would do a walkthrough vid...:thmbup:

:popcorn:

Had an "Open Play" day yesterday, no reservations required. We had somewhere in the neighborhood of 36 folks show up to play. I had an absolute blast just hanging around and BS-ing with people before and after their rounds (while trying to get a little bit of weed eating and rock wall work done.)

Reviews have been really positive despite the course being a bit wooly on a few holes. Hole 18's pond took at least 6 discs hostage that I'm aware of. Hopefully I'll be able to get some of them as the water drops a bit during the heat of the summer.

Received enough in donations that I should be able to build at least a few bridges at some of the creek/small ravine crossings.

Based on the turnout and donations I'm hoping to do something similar, if not a bit bigger for Labor Day.

Work day coming up on June 22nd if anyone reading this has any interest. Hit me up for details/directions/etc.

If the pond bottom is reasonably smooth, you might consider getting a pond rake. It's a big triangular rake on a rope, made for pulling up aquatic weeds but excellent for dragging up discs.

Work day coming up next weekend on 6/22! Anyone in the greater Cincy metro or northern Louisville metro that wants to come is more than welcome. Should be cleaning out the second half of hole 11 to get it to it's full par 4 glory. It's all cut, just needs cleaned up.

Lunch and water/gatorade provided. Work a few hours, eat, throw.

PM me for details or look us up on Facebook. (FB:Hidden Ridge DGC)

Sorry you needed surgery Russell. Heal up well! :thmbup:

I'm in... unless it's supposed to rain that weekend. Cold, wind, heat... those I can deal with, but I hate camping in the rain. :(

Not all that fond of playing in it either. :\

If we end up with a handful of folks camping or even just hanging around late we can set up a glow course utilizing the more open parts of the hillside and ridge.

Really wanted to make this trip, but crap came up and I won't be able to. :(

Hope plenty of people turn out and you get some good support for your course locally. :thmbup:

Latest posts