• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New WV course open

greg_b_4

Birdie Member
I don't know how many remember threads about the course I was designing and installing in WV. Well it is finally open and ready to play. I have everything done except for signage. I do have course maps available on dgcr and printed out at the course. If any are in the Princeton WV area would love for you to stop by and play and rate it. Give me a PM and I'll be glad to meet you there.

Will try to fit it in. Doing a two day trip in and around the New River Gorge starting tomorrow morning at The Coopenheimer.

my course is approx 45 min to an hour south of the gorge and maybe 30 mins south of coopenheimer.

Last edited:
Right on! This is great news, I'm over in Bastian for the week visiting my wife's family. Definitely going to try and make it out there, hopefully tomorrow. Looks to be closer then Pipestem or Dublin.

yeah from bastian it is a good 30 mins closer than pipestem, randolph park is farther too. If I wasnt going out of town I'd meet up and play with you. There is no signage yet so make sure you print out the course map from here. Make sure you review it for me if you play.

A must play in southern WV

There is no signage yet so make sure you print out the course map from here.
This is a really good course, with a handful of GREAT holes. A map is mandatory. Better yet, schedule your first round with Greg. Great guy and fun the play a round with.
Direction of next tees is painted on each basket, but after that there are no clues. Many tees are are a long way away from the previous basket and the markers are boards in the ground which you can't see until you get close to them.
If you are allergic to poison ivy,bring technu,long pants and long sleeves.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in this course, I put the first review up last night.
100th course played !

I'm glad I could be your 100th Mando! Just to update, I put out temporary tee signs today at the white tees. Nothing special but does list hole #, par, distances. This should help in finding the next tee.