• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newbie Forum Info.

Greetings from lovely California ! Is everyone doing good this fine weekend? I just recently found out about this fine sport and can't wait to learn!

hey there,

just played once and already ordered some discs. so you could say i kinda liked it ;)

as i'm not sure if i posted in the right spot i might quote my own here...

hey beautiful people :)

i just ordered my first set of discs after playing once...
but it's 4 discs, not 3... am i still allowed to tell you about them?

guess i'm just gonna do it, may the admins decide ;)

ordered these beauties:

11/5/-2/2
8/5/-2/1
5/5/-1/1
2/4/0/1

as names and brands don't really matter to me i just give you the numbers of how they're supposed to fly ;)

what do you guys think? good set to start with? what if anything would you add to it?

cheers and thx for your input :)

looking forward to receive my first discs and tell you how i like them :)

Last edited:
Plastics

I'm new to DG, but I'm improving quickly. As a result, I'm buying discs a bit faster than my learning curve. I bought an Escape (Lucid) and it was a lot more stable than I expected it to be. I bought an Opto River, but it works great. The Leopard I started with (in August) turns over WAY too easily all of a sudden. HELP!

Hey there! I have played a few rounds over the last couple of years and have a course less than a half mile from my house. no one really wants to play with me there because it is apparently a long and difficult course.
I have played some rounds at another course with my son and his Trail Life group. I have a basket in my yard but have not played seriously in a while. I did design this mini sized Lego basket https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2cdaa34c-6532-4eaa-ab2e-8f05d00b91ba for use indoors or when the weather is bad.

neat lego basket. It'd be cool to see the life-sized version

I'm new to DG, but I'm improving quickly. As a result, I'm buying discs a bit faster than my learning curve. I bought an Escape (Lucid) and it was a lot more stable than I expected it to be. I bought an Opto River, but it works great. The Leopard I started with (in August) turns over WAY too easily all of a sudden. HELP!

I am also a newbie, I want to learn many things from all of you. Please don't be very angry if I ask some foolish questions.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of putters. I putt with my driver. I prefer to drive that putt into the basket as apposed to floating it in. That being said, I've been playing 30 years. I didn't get serious about it until this year when my 13 ane 15 YO took an interest. Today I played my best game at 11 over par. That is significantly better than two weeks ago my best game had been 20 over. Hoping to meet up with some people in my area "N. Myrtle Beach".

Feel free to post questions or comments.

How did you find DGCR? Did you lurk for a while before posting?
Found while searching for DG info. Used as a resource for a few weeks before deciding to join.

Joined the site to add a new disc golf course... however, seems a bit tough when the permission is missing. At least consider adding an explanation of how to be able to add a course. +Howdy from Ashland OR!