• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Tee Sign & Bracket, Pole-Mounted

Those whirldsports items that attach to the base are like $20 a piece for a set or $30 each unfortunately. I like the idea though.

Declarkus, Great idea. You could even use a piece of solid core electrical wire with a yellow insulation wrapped around the spoke as an indicator.

If someone wanted to invest in a mold, I bet we could make a little arrow with spoke clips underneath that would sit in the bottom of the basket. After the tooling investment, they'd probably be very cheap to produce. They'd be nice, but probably get stolen.

Attachments

• NextTeePlastic.jpg
    NextTeePlastic.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 30
Very nice. I like the idea of seeing it right as you pick up your putter.
Hard to make it anymore obvious.

A little more than 3 bucks each, but works great and with multiple pins being in any location you just spin the arrow to the proper place and lock it back in (it sits on top of the sleeve).

They have been in use at Wills Park in Alpharetta, GA (outside ATL) for over 4 years now since the course was redesigned in DEC 2010 with no issues and still look as good as new when kept clean.

http://www.whirldsports.com/technical-gear/nextee

They have these on the Steady Ed course at IDGC. While I like them, they cost about $20/each for a set of 19 (probably good to have an extra).

Eric, how much did the signs themselves cost and can you provide a link to the company you used?
OP said about $3/ea for the mounting hardware...

Last edited:
Bogey,
Yes, brackets ended up less than $4 ea after I added the hose clamp and shipping. Plus a couple broken drill bits and two cut off wheels for my drill.

For the signs, I can't say exactly. County Parks paid for this order after I guilted them a bit for not chipping in. I'm guessing about $5 each. We got forty sized 2x6" outdoor UV vinyl with graffiti coating on aluminum from J&R Signs here in the Reno/Sparks. J&R sponsored one of the holes by doing their pledged $ in signs. They already made the sponsor signs which turned out sweet. Plan is to go to press on the actual tee signs in a couple months when the holes are settled (to be placed between the white cap and sponsor sign).

Theme/art/graphics was done by our club president Skot Meyer.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1425187166467.jpg
    FB_IMG_1425187166467.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I would add that if you wanted make your own arrows on the cheap, I'd just go with a simple 1 or 2" wide strip of metal or tough UV-resistant plastic, maybe prep and paint with a good outdoor white, then hit it with a sharpie.

BTW, the hose clamps are nice to keep the arrow up near the basket while tightening the wingnut but not needed.

Also, if you made your own arrows out of sheet metal, you could just bend the end and screw right to the conduit bracket and skip the "L" bracket. Guessing you could make the entire thing for $4 bucks each.

Latest posts