• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nice February Weekend In The Northeast

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hey there everyone. Has anyone else had the opportunity to take advantage of the excellent weather this weekend? I'm in WV and I think that the weather was supposed to be excellent all around the region.

I hadn't been on a course for over a month for many reasons... including that I've decided that I'm not super fond of discin' with frozen fingers. But I got to play 18 on each of the infamous courses in Paw Paw, WV. Only had to drive through a little ice to get there... not too bad.

The ground was frozen when I got there at 8:15 A.M. (Left my house at 7:15 and dg is about the only thing that gets me up that early.) So the gravel tees played pretty nice actually. And the ground was solid. By the time I left at 1:30 it was up above 50 and the ground was starting to thaw out. It was going to end up a muddy mess so I'm glad that I got out of there when I did.

In any case, it was an awesome day. Even with the layoff I beat my previous scores for the two courses by 4 & 5 strokes respectively. It's nice to know that the practice I put in last fall is really paying off now. So I can't wait until the warm weather is back for Spring and Summer. I'm planning on hitting it hard this year.

Enjoy! Jim

Here in NJ it was in the mid-50s SOOOO beautiful out, so I headed out for a round at Tyler and had my best round ever at +2 over par. that 1000rated round is getting close :D the only problem is that about 4 inches of snow melted overnight and the course was just mud. But the nice weather made it great!

weather was great in kentucky this weekend, highs reaching mid-upper 60s. tried to play, but unfortunately, the ice storms that hit this area only a week and a half ago have taken there toll on all the local courses. lots and lots of large limbs down around the baskets, and several large trees uprooted and laying across the fairways. the ground here is soooooo sloppy from the ice and snow melting. not the best of conditions, but it is still nice to be out on the course playing some dg! the fallen trees made for some interesting obstacles and challenges. a buddy of mine nailed a 20ft putt to save par through a small gap some limbs of a down tree, it was an incredible shot!

Played Murray, Kentucky today. It was 60 plus degrees and the wind was very light. Some limbs and trees were down but only two holes were changed and I think changed in a good way!. More obstacles to traverse.
After all the Ice storm damage we had at our course in Paducah, it was great to be playing a very nice 18 hole course.

I made it out both mornings this weekend... actually found myself wearing shorts sleeves for a bit today. The weather was great, all of the snow that was on the ground yesterday was melted today and I actually had to deal with mud for the first time in what seems like forever. Good times.

P.S. I had my two worst rounds of the year too - go figure. But I did get back a disc that I thought I had lost for good, and I found another with no name in a mold I have been itching to try out. So, yeah - I've got that going for me.

It was super nice today up here in Jersey, too nice. I really wish I got out and am killing my self for not doing anything today but watching Season one of Burn Notice... what a waste of such a nice day. Even my buddies who never play called me up and asked to play a round, too bad I'm not in Florida with them.

I could imagine that it got quite muddy out, I watched the snow melt. Now there is no more, it's kinda sad actually.

Here in NE Indiana, it got in the 40's I think. I played in an ice bowl which turned out to be a mud bowl. It was nice to not have to wear as many layers.

Here in NE Indiana, it got in the 40's I think. I played in an ice bowl which turned out to be a mud bowl. It was nice to not have to wear as many layers.

It's really funny how much just a few hours changed the coures that I played. Early A.M. the ground was frozen but the temp. wasn't terrible. By the time it got up to T-shirt temp. it was time to bolt because I didn't have a spare set of socks and shoes and I was going to be ankle high in a mud bowl of my own.

Like pretty much everyone has said, it was just nice being able to get out and play.

We had 60's and 70's over the weekend in TN. Lots of people in shorts. Lots of people at the course. Amazing weather for Feb. considering Jan. was so ridiculously cold. (I hope all you in KY finally got rid of all your ice!)

The weather in NC has been great the last 3 days. It has been in the low 70's. Shorts weather! I was able to play a 12 hole course Saturday. Played an 18 hole and a 9 hole on Sunday. And got in 2 seperate 18 hole courses today. I think that's 75 holes in 3 days.

I was up in Warwick in NY today and it was all ice and snow, I guess it got cold over night and everything refroze. Looks like quite a few people played this weekend and sloshed up all the snow. Where did you play in jersey? I might be down to play a round with you tomorrow, send me a pm.

I was up in Warwick in NY today and it was all ice and snow, I guess it got cold over night and everything refroze. Looks like quite a few people played this weekend and sloshed up all the snow. Where did you play in jersey? I might be down to play a round with you tomorrow, send me a pm.

Dude if you have the time you should play Tinicum Park in Erwinna PA before you go back to Fla. It would be well worth the drive. Id go play a round tomorrow, but Im in school until the evening and it gets dark way to early these days :rolleyes:

Latest posts