• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nicknames for Holes

Hewlett Packard in Colorado Springs had hole names on each sign, when it had signs, when it was a course, so sad...best course in the area, gone

I named one of the holes at our course Martin Luther King Jr. because "I have a dream" that I will one day get a 3 on it. Its nearly impossible though.

6fce4f24_m.jpg

Now hole 13 at Corbin, is referred to as the Dick Hole (mainly because somebody carved a huge penis in the tee) My buddy when playing with his son reminds us to call it the Headphones hole around him.

Number 15 @ Deer Lakes, I used to call this one FU*KER...
048b785d.jpg

When I was first starting out:

"Hey how'd you do on 15"

"I lost another disc on that FU*KER!!"

Sweet hole! Looks life a bitch for lefties though

Pin positions vary from left (pictured), straight ahead on the shore line, and right tucked next to the green tree. And when the trees fill in on near side, it makes it more of a tunnel shot.

Not holes, but I found out when I moved to TX in the late 1980s, the locals had nicknames for trees:

"#*(king tree"

"&0dd@m tree"

and so on. But they only used these names when their discs hit the trees, strange...

I have a couple of nicknames for holes at Flip City:

hole 3a, most people call this "vietnam" for the amount of trees... I've begun to call it "the john mccain experience..."
1099220c_m.jpg

hole 6a, I call this "the intimidator"
eaf2da89.jpg

You forgot hole 5A at Flip, Jeff.

He calls this one "The Grotto"

9cfe9c3f.jpg

Lately, we've been calling 1A "B3NDER's B****" as I aced it at leagues a few weeks ago:

b0f9927a.jpg

The basket is RIGHT behind that awkwardly bent up tree.

I actually have names for all the alt holes at flip

1a is the crotch shot
2a is the bitch
3a is the john mccain experience
4a is the breather
5a is the grotto
6a is the intimidator

No photos, but here at Brengle Terrace Park DGC in Vista, my buddies and I refer to hole 13 as "Piss Creek," or some variation that uses the word piss, as it literally smells like a urinal as you approach the basket or search the rough for your discs.

The golden state hole from 11-13 ~900ft 4 mandatories and lots of OB earned it the name 'Widowmaker' not creative but very fitting.

every hole at tyler state park has a nickname
Same at Cass Benton Hills DGC
We nicknamed Hole 12 at Cass Benton "Island Thunder" after my dyslexic friend called it this while reading its true name on the sign "Swamp Monster".
All the holes had quite fitting nicknames, but idiots trashed all the tee signs, :thmbdown: :mad: so the only remnant of the names is digital :(:
5d204dd8.gif

Tom's Tunnel

Hole #10 at Todd Park in Austin,MN- Tom's Tunnel- 500 ft. down a 10 to 15 ft. wide lane through dense woods. The tee sign even says "Tom's Tunnel-Good Luck!".

Attachments

• 10LT (800x600).jpg
    10LT (800x600).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 10