• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko WTF

rusch_bag

* Ace Member *
I'm sorry if I missed this, I haven't really been paying too much attention to the disc golf world, but when did he switch to Innova and why?

There's some info here: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24051&start=30

It is a pretty big coup for Innova and really does make Gateway look bad. It's too bad Gateway couldn't offer Nikko what he was looking for. He's a big name and will probably be a big name for a while.

Also I wonder if he is gonna go to rocs or if he is gonna stay with a beadless mid and throw lycans or cros.

Due to my ability to go to their site and check it out, it says he's using rocs. What is surprising to me is that he is using P&As as his putter.

according to solty niiko is using:

echo xcals
sds destroyers
kc aviars
tls
fbs

not sure on other mids but i heard shark ? he also said at the memorial he was trying a spd2

Any guesses on what the Nikko signature disc will be in the near future?

#pray4nikkoRocs

Dig It said:
Any guesses on what the Nikko signature disc will be in the near future?

#pray4nikkoRocs
Some nikko sig putter or a version of aviar for him like yetis or jk

A new mold. Something very OS along the lines or xxx or spirit maybe.

Maybe he gets destroyer avery moves to pd2? Wasnt there a rumor dave d made the destroyer with nikko in mind?

Frank Delicious said:
It's too bad Gateway couldn't offer Nikko what he was looking for.

I talked with some local guys about this too, but it seems that gateway really can't give any of the touring pros what they are looking for, considering the 'team' is basically just guys that work at the shop now.

I will say, though, that Dave is a really good course designer, and the Titan basket is the best on the market right now. I think that's mainly where his focus is, in expanding the sport and giving everyone good targets to shoot at. Whether the PDGA tour is a big part of his plan for expanding the sport or not, but evidence would lead you to conclude otherwise.

R aviar putt&app the new wizards?

is the lycan the new ion?

will innova crack down on nikko's renegade blog postings?

is 130gram the new 175gram?

is now a good or bad time to buy/sell your gateway stock?

should someone do a dissertation on the economic impact of nikko's switch?

#pray4nikko, #pray4nikko_roc, #pray4dave, #stl_hatesNikko

nonstopdiscgolftourbus vs indie band tour bus

pros? cons?

money 21 said:
Aren't Nikko and Dave Mac related?

Dave=Uncle (Mother's side).

Frank Delicious said:
not any more they're not

Nikko's switch to Innova was announced to the public on Dave's Birthday...

circleStamPooPlate said:

pros? cons?

Is it easier for bots to make questions than statements?

nohr said:
circleStamPooPlate said:

pros? cons?

Is it easier for bots to make questions than statements?
I'm just glad he's back.

#bestposteron_dgr_prayfor_dgrc_stlhates_midnightbiker

I'll be curious to see what he throws in the upcoming months. There are tons of ways Nikko and Innova could branch off, does he primarily gravitate towards the Discmania molds due to a lack of current sigs, do some of the current sigs change to acommodate Nikko, or will new molds come out gracing his name?

I think the move is good for Nikko, I'm sure the sponsorship deal is more than what he was getting in the past especially if his sponsorship is heavily loaded with victory bonuses. The deal is good for Innova, having probably the biggest present day name as one of your guys is always good. I think gateway will still sell a bunch of putters, the biggest hit they will take will be in the public eye for losing arguably the biggest name in the sport to "the evil empire". But then again you could argue that they lost out a long time ago since he was already throwing a mixed bag.