• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No Glow Allowed in PA State Parks

Had a glow event (small event recall about 8 -10 players) at a PA SP in 2012. Was the night before a tournament. Camping was optional part of the event. Had permission from park assitant director to do the event.

A park ranger did stop us and was a bit confrontational driving across the field and hitting us with high beams. He indicated that he was not informed regarding permission, but when I pulled out my cell phone to call the park director and his name showed up on the phone all was cool. No call was necessary. Assitant director called next day an appologized for not informing the staff.

Had a glow event (small event recall about 8 -10 players) at a PA SP in 2012. Was the night before a tournament. Camping was optional part of the event. Had permission from park assitant director to do the event.

A park ranger did stop us and was a bit confrontational driving across the field and hitting us with high beams. He indicated that he was not informed regarding permission, but when I pulled out my cell phone to call the park director and his name showed up on the phone all was cool. No call was necessary. Assitant director called next day an appologized for not informing the staff.

Would stink to be the ranger in that situation. He thinks something shady is going on and does his job. But then finds out that everything's A-OK. Stinks that he was stand-offish, but I'm sure that they get all kinds and probably get fed up with the actual offenders. Sounds like you definitely handled it in a good fashion. Nice to hear that it worked out! :thmbup:

Latest posts