• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

no golf for 4 to 6 weeks :-(

hk chef

Par Member
I have a fractured left foot and have no idea how it happened. Im out for 4 to 6 weeks since I will have a cast on. What am I going to do???? Prob go crazy

I played a round at Mazarick in Fayetteville with a walking boot on my fractured foot once. It's possible but I don't recommend it. :|

I used to be a very good ball golfer.
Played in college. There was a time I broke my foot and couldn't play much. By the time I got the boot off, my short game was incredible because of all of the practice I had done. Look at adversity through the lens of opportunity.

I'm out for 2-3 weeks. Problem is it is my dominant right foot, all jacked up except the heel. I can potentially throw forehands as I can just stand and whip my arm. My heel is still in barely usable shape, so I could possibly throw sloppy backhands rotating on my heel. I cannot putt in any way, as I would have to rock forward onto my right foot. I feel like trying to temporarily putt without bearing weight on any of the front of my right foot would be a huge mistake in the long run. Also, I can barely walk, so there's that.

Heal.

So you only have to do this once. And to avoid surgery.

^ This. Don't risk further injury. As a veteran of many sports injuries and surgeries, rest when they tell you to, do any rehab they recommend diligently, and then get back to rattling chains.

I'm out for a week or two after breaking up a fight at the music venue I work at.

Sprained shoulder, sprained neck and a concussion. And I'm not even a bouncer.

I have a fractured left foot and have no idea how it happened. Im out for 4 to 6 weeks since I will have a cast on. What am I going to do???? Prob go crazy

Wishing you a speedy recovery... I would be careful doing anything that could aggravate it and slow the recovery.. I know 4-6 weeks seems like a long.

Maybe get a Frisbee, just toss it around a little, It's not disc golf, but but it might help soothe the urge to throw a little plastic, they require very little force to throw with some glide..

Another thought is maybe take the time to experiment with dying disc.

I played a round at Mazarick in Fayetteville with a walking boot on my fractured foot once. It's possible but I don't recommend it. :|

yup

Destroyed my ankle and had to have surgery (pins and metal on both sides)

I played a round with the walking boot. Lots of very awkward stand still throws but I actually beat one person in the group.

Latest posts