• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nockamixon HooDoo

those look sick. will those be options for prizes in dubs? I'd love to grab (insert discraft disc name here) if there were any left.

If anyone finds a red Innova Star Mako laying between 13's pin and 14's tee, please call the number on the back. Left it out in the rain yesterday, didn't realize it until I got home and emptied my bag (dark out already) and I'm sure it'll be gone by the time I get off of work.

Thanks!

Just threw a little bit out at Nocky.....holy wind struggle Batman!!!!!!
If the winds are gusting and twisting tomorrow it's going to be quite a wild day at least for me.

great job by all the workers at the course btw

Hole 5 was tough enough, but now it is a complete animal. new leveled tees are great, course beautifully manicured. can't wait for sunday

great job by all the workers at the course btw

Hole 5 was tough enough, but now it is a complete animal. new leveled tees are great, course beautifully manicured. can't wait for sunday

yeah for all those who used to bitch about it being a par 4 and not a 5...well now its a par 5 but only way further up through some trees...haha

Seems like a 4.5 in the old position, no doubt a 5 in the new one

Any drop outs for doubles? I'm packed and ready for tomorrow, just give me the go ahead :)

Eric

Team Wyckoff

Mike you run some great tournaments! Nockamixon is such a beautiful course. Thank you to the volunteers that cleaned the course up and put the new tee pads in.

Another great tourney run by solt.:thmbup:

Great job by the LVDC. the course has never been in better shape. i look forward to more events here in the future

sick stamp design on that disc. not sure who made it, but I scored a red cryztal buzzz, silver stamp.... amazing.

weather=perfect

When is your next event Mike? Prehib? I imagine that will be listed here and pre-reg needed

There aren't enough superlatives to describe how awesome Hoodoo Doubles was yesterday...on a truly spectacular Indian summer day in October where the temps climbed to a perfect 70 degrees, the course couldn't have looked any better and the tournament couldn't have run any smoother.

I had not played Nockamixon in a long time, and I had forgotten what a truly complete golf course this is. With really only about 5 deucable holes on the course, the drive / approach drive / THEN putt aspect of the course tests your game simply like no other course in the world. Nocky is really is one of the most challenging and best disc golf courses in the world and has all but spoiled my desire & interest to play deuce or die courses. Furthermore, as opposed to singles competition, which can be a brutal experience on many of the gold level holes, Doubles play offers a chance for competitors to score pars instead of bogeys and actually have a look at birdies on many holes and really appreciate the course for how it is supposed to play. I do not think I will ever miss a weekend Doubles tournament here in the future. Not only did the course play great, but it LOOKED awesome too...the LVDC toiled the weekend before to fix up many of the teepads, and they played so so sweet, and the views of the sailboats out on the lake on holes#6 and #7 is probably one of the most scenic sites in the entire sport of disc golf.

34b56d64.jpg

Kudos and thanks to Solt who is fast becoming one of the best TDs in the Mid-Atlantic, Big Daddy's & the Fredericks for having lunch provided on-site, and anyone else who dug teepads, bush-wacked the brush, or contributed in any way no matter how small to this weekend of disc golf. :hfive:

What amazed me was all the tornament players who mentioned that this is the best course they have ever played yet somehow it still is rated as a 4 on this site....I think some people might grade courses based on their scorecard and don't open their eyes to whats around them...I played terrible at the HooDoo and the course let me know it.

Thank you all that came out to the HooDoo! I'm still recovering my from disc golf hangover!! Read the small write-up and scores at www.mrdiscgolf.com

Mike